MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding the other day and heard a small pop then bike went down to what feels like 2cyl. No CEL or any other noises. I'm hoping it's not a valve issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Could it just be coils or plugs (Long shot but I'm hoping)? Bike has 10,900 miles and when I drained oil I have no metal flakes in the oil, oil looks clean and drain plug did not have any abnormal metal shavings.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Why did you delete the previous thread and repost again?

Sounds like a dropped valve. Take off the airbox and have a look at your inlet valves to confirm.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Doesnt it make like the most horrible sound in the world when a valve drops?
I dont know what CEL means.

Here a video of a bike dropping a valve when riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely didn't make any noise like that. It was a pop almost like a backfire and then down to 2 cyl. No rattles in the motor or anything like valve hitting piston. Just running on 2 cyl now. I will remove the airbox and check valves. But I would assume I would have some kind of metal in my oil if it was valves.

As far as deleting, someone removed my last post I'm guessing due to it being posted in the wrong place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly stopped after I got this far. Got a little heated and walked away. It has metal chunks all inside the airbox and butterfly valve. I will tear it down once I figure out if I can find a motor to replace it with.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

2013 f3 675.
Anyone have any leads on a replacement motor or a company/shop that can rebuild these in the US.
Sstaas62;
You might try looking at the top of this section.......there are 238 posts about Cripples blowing up :wink2:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I honestly stopped after I got this far. Got a little heated and walked away. It has metal chunks all inside the airbox and butterfly valve. I will tear it down once I figure out if I can find a motor to replace it with.
Sorry to hear, let us know if it was a valve or piston.

To confirm if it was a valve should be easy, just remove the injectors and take a peek inside the intake tract.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

Sorry to hear, let us know if it was a valve or piston.

To confirm if it was a valve should be easy, just remove the injectors and take a peek inside the intake tract.
PTsalas;
Pistons don't chop themselves into small pieces........they fall into the pan
Valves on the other hand chop everything up except themselves :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts