MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an F3 675 (white) as soon as they were released last year. I absolutely loved the bike. Even the weird throttle issues were not enough to make me dislike the bike. I found it very comfortable, and confidence building. I only ride on the street, country backroads mostly.

Then early last year my sister wrecked her bike while we were all on a ride. She's ok, thank God. But everyone decided to quit riding at that moment. I held onto my bikes for a while incase minds were changed, but unfortunately they never did, and I didn't see myself riding again anytime soon. So I sold all of my bikes.

I am deeply regretting that decision more and more each and every day!

So now, I'm wanting to get back into riding, and get another bike. I LOVED the 675 (I think the only thing I didn't like about it was the burnt hair smell, and the lack of mod options).

I'm tossing it up between the 675 and 800 now. The 800 isn't that much more expensive considering the extra power you have. But strangely enough, power isn't what I'm really after. The 675 had plenty of power for me. Too much power can kill confidence, and that's one of the most important aspects to riding. I had no problems riding the F3 around town. Is the 800 the same way?

But I love the solid matte black 800. I also loved my white 675 too though. I read that the shortcomings of the 675 are fixed with the new 800 due to power evening out the balance (not only fueling issues - which I read are all but non-existent anymore).

I'm really very torn on which one to go with. Will I love the 800 as much as the 675? Is the power difference really THAT much that it's like going from a 600cc to a 1000cc inline 4? I don't like the 1000s at all. Way too much power. However, my ducati monster 1100 was totally fine due to the way the engine delivered is power. I know the 3's are a different animal. But I have no way to test ride one. If I want to buy one, my local dealer will have to order it for me.

So I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on this. For those of you that have owned both now, which one do you prefer, and for what reasons? Is the 800 a more refined version of the 675? Is the power difference really that noticeable?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I purchased an F3 675 (white) as soon as they were released last year. I absolutely loved the bike. Even the weird throttle issues were not enough to make me dislike the bike. I found it very comfortable, and confidence building. I only ride on the street, country backroads mostly.

Then early last year my sister wrecked her bike while we were all on a ride. She's ok, thank God. But everyone decided to quit riding at that moment. I held onto my bikes for a while incase minds were changed, but unfortunately they never did, and I didn't see myself riding again anytime soon. So I sold all of my bikes.

I am deeply regretting that decision more and more each and every day!

So now, I'm wanting to get back into riding, and get another bike. I LOVED the 675 (I think the only thing I didn't like about it was the burnt hair smell, and the lack of mod options).

I'm tossing it up between the 675 and 800 now. The 800 isn't that much more expensive considering the extra power you have. But strangely enough, power isn't what I'm really after. The 675 had plenty of power for me. Too much power can kill confidence, and that's one of the most important aspects to riding. I had no problems riding the F3 around town. Is the 800 the same way?

But I love the solid matte black 800. I also loved my white 675 too though. I read that the shortcomings of the 675 are fixed with the new 800 due to power evening out the balance (not only fueling issues - which I read are all but non-existent anymore).

I'm really very torn on which one to go with. Will I love the 800 as much as the 675? Is the power difference really THAT much that it's like going from a 600cc to a 1000cc inline 4? I don't like the 1000s at all. Way too much power. However, my ducati monster 1100 was totally fine due to the way the engine delivered is power. I know the 3's are a different animal. But I have no way to test ride one. If I want to buy one, my local dealer will have to order it for me.

So I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on this. For those of you that have owned both now, which one do you prefer, and for what reasons? Is the 800 a more refined version of the 675? Is the power difference really that noticeable?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks.
Hi, good to see you getting back on a bike.

The 800 is not a scary animal and the power is very predicable. You would love it as much as your 675. You could not go wrong with either.

My F3 800 is my first big bike coming from a 250. So I'm very new to road bikes (2years) Been a dike bike rider all my life. I ride with confidence on the 800 knowing it will do what I tell it.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Having ridden both back to back, I can tell you that the power difference is noticeable coming out of corners, particularly the tighter back roads type stuff, when you are not quite in the right gear or rev range. In the situation where you would chop down a gear to pass traffic quickly, the extra cc's allow you to simply open the throttle.
I also liked the adjustability of the 800, due to our goat tracks that the local government calls roads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great news guys. Thanks. I was hoping it would be very predictable power. Huge surprises like accidental wheelies, I do not like lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bet you could get a better deal on a 675, used very low mileage bikes in the uk have now dropped to less than £7000, that's a massive saving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet you could get a better deal on a 675, used very low mileage bikes in the uk have now dropped to less than £7000, that's a massive saving.
Yes, I agree. And I would totally go that route if it was realistic for me. :) But there aren't any used F3's even remotely close to me, and I would need one at a dealer so I could finance it. Need to use cash for other things right now to get some stuff straightned out, then I can just pay off the bike. If I wait, season will be coming to a close.

Worked out a deal today, and my dealer will have the bike "soon". So I should be getting a black F3 800 in a short while. :) Can't wait. I just hope it's a comfortable to me as the 675 was. All this talk of super stiff suspension has me a bit worried. 675 was stiff too, but I liked it like that. Felt great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts