MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i start, here is a little info about my experience level. I'm currently running a panigale 899 for the track in intermediate level. I also ride regularly on the streets. My street bikes are a '15 dragster plus a few '15 super bikes - i track the super bikes too.

I'm thinking of getting a 675 to practice on the rack with. I want something with less power to use for the track that is similar to the Japanese 600s and i want all the electronics. The problem is most reviews say to go with the f3 800 and forgo the 675. Other negative reviews include the electronics on the 2013/2014 models saying they work against the bike.

Is there any English reviews on the 2015 f3 675 with eas 2.0? I'll settle for a dubbed review since Europe seems do be more active on these things.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I ordered a new F3 800 for track use. Maybe the 675 in similar trim is just as fast, but maybe the 800 engine will live an easier life? Hard to say.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Get the 800 and ride it for a while normal mode. When you're ready switch to sport mode. If you start with a 675 and you get used to it there's nowhere to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Get the 800 and ride it for a while normal mode. When you're ready switch to sport mode. If you start with a 675 and you get used to it there's nowhere to go.
I'm not looking for power. My question has more to do with the way the 675 feel vs the 800 on the 2015 models. I can't seem to locate a dealer to demo both.

On the track the "slower" bikes can carry more speed into the corner because braking is done differently depending on how powerful the bike is. I dont know what your local track environment is but on race weekends the racers practicing on ninja 300s, r3s, and rc390s can out ride some liter bikes through the really technical corners. They get pass on the straights and faster sweepers but when that hairpin pops up the slower advance riders will get pass by the racer on a small bike. For strictly street use i have a s1000rr since i like to have a lot of low end grunt to compensate for less than perfect road conditions and the fact that i can't keep the throttle pin like the track.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Supersport,
The F3 675 and 800 are chassis wise almost identical, weight wise as well, the 800 obviously has more power and torque so will arrive at the end of the straights faster, so brake markers will be different.

A really top rider on a 675 will be able to match or better an average rider on the 800, that's simply how it works. If you want to prove a point get the 675, want to buy a bike that will flatter you and be easier to sell on get the 800. My two pence (cents) worth.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I second jimbo...I prefer the 675 but it will be easier to sell an 800. Both bikes are identical besides displacement/power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am leaning towards the 675 but i'm worry about the twitchy throttle reported by the reviewers. i know these things are sometimes a personal thing since every rider's expectations is different. So i'm just here to see if anyone have some feed back on their 675s and 800s.

·
Registered
396 Posts
don't get me wrong but I think there is no EAS 2.0 on any of the F3's yet, only upshift, no downshift. And the twitchy throttle should be fixed by now on all of the newer bikes or the older ones after the latest ECU updates

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am leaning towards the 675 but i'm worry about the twitchy throttle reported by the reviewers. i know these things are sometimes a personal thing since every rider's expectations is different. So i'm just here to see if anyone have some feed back on their 675s and 800s.
I haven't had any twitchy throttle issues on the track with the 675. I turned the electronics off as I didn't like them though. I still think there's a tiny delay when blipping for downshifts, it's just not as instant as other systems or carbs. I've got used to it now so it's not really a problem.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My 675 throttle isn't that twitchy, at least in mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I haven't had any twitchy throttle issues on the track with the 675. I turned the electronics off as I didn't like them though. I still think there's a tiny delay when blipping for downshifts, it's just not as instant as other systems or carbs. I've got used to it now so it's not really a problem.
I don't have any twitchy throttle problems on mine. I have even regeared -2/+2, which I think would magnify the problem if it were there. I didn't like how the bike felt downshifting while blipping the throttle, so I installed a slipper clutch (I have a 2013) and now it isn't a problem. In fact, I love the way the engine braking management and the slipper clutch complement each other.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is nothing "twitchy" about the 675 throttle, unless the rider is not accustom to riding a very powerful, lightweight motorcycle, or has poor throttle control. Then it's easier for them to blame the motorcycle.

Don't mess with the throttle and blip it all the time, they don't like that very much. Engage the clutch, dial it on and be ready to go very, very fast. I never take mine out of full performance mode.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ive updated my F3 675 with the Rivale throttle update and that big fuel map revision a year ago. Absolute perfection in sport mode. Not twitchy at all.

I put in a slipper in mine and combine that with engine breaking management and a slight blip, its the closest thing to riding a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There's no weight difference between the two so I don't see any flickability advantage. The 675 might use less fuel if that matters. Does the 675 f3 have fully adjustable forks? I know the brutale doesnt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's no weight difference between the two so I don't see any flickability advantage. The 675 might use less fuel if that matters. Does the 675 f3 have fully adjustable forks? I know the brutale doesnt.
Yes it does.

Do Not take this personal but I gotta say I dislike that term "flickability' in describing any motorcycle. It's not a bic lighter and that term is little more then a buzzword frequented by riders generally lacking rider ability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts