MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a previous thread about my issue, but it has since died and I have some new info. 13 F3 675, will not crank if I let it finish the diagnostic mode, however if I push the starter button as soon as I turn the key on it will turn over for a couple of seconds and stop. I've done all the checks I can, installed a new lithium ion battery, replaced the sprag clutch. tested the starter swich, clutch switch, etc, I have been in direct contact with MV Augusta U.S.A. and was told it could be the diode, but I have been unable to locate it. Does anybody if this bike has a diode, and if so were it is located. This issue happened when I drained the battery trying to start the bike and hooked up my battery charger with reverse polarity.

·
Old Wing Nut
21,954 Posts
The starter turns when you press the button shortly after turning on the key, but doesn't after the diag process finishes because the ECU hasn't seen the fault that tells it not to allow starting yet. Once it runs through the self test protocol it knows there is a problem and shuts down the starter circuit.
Have you got the manuals? There are good diagnostic procedures for the electricals and the schematic diagrams.
Some serious book study time is in order.

·
Super Moderator
23,941 Posts
The only diodes, aside from Light Emitting Diodes, shown on the wiring diagram are associated with the Turn Signals and appear to be in the dash. They do affect other electrical signals if failed and perhaps that is what the diagnostics see. They appear to condition the Red/Black 12 vdc power supply to a Sky Blue/Black 12 vdc power supply.

·
Old Wing Nut
21,954 Posts
Those will not keep the bike from starting. Only allows the turn signal dash indicator to function regardless of which side turn signals are activated. Without them the feed for one side turn signals would bleed over through the dash indicator and into the other side turn signals. Meaning turn signals would all light up and probably not flash.
But nothing to do with starting and running.
Back to fundemetals......my fear is you have damaged the ECU with your reversed jumper connection.

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The starter turns when you press the button shortly after turning on the key, but doesn't after the diag process finishes because the ECU hasn't seen the fault that tells it not to allow starting yet. Once it runs through the self test protocol it knows there is a problem and shuts down the starter circuit.
Have you got the manuals? There are good diagnostic procedures for the electricals and the schematic diagrams.
Some serious book study time is in order.
I appreciate that response, this helps alot, I have been through the electrical section of the repair manual 3 times, and have tested everything I can. Just not sure were to go next,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those will not keep the bike from starting. Only allows the turn signal dash indicator to function regardless of which side turn signals are activated. Without them the feed for one side turn signals would bleed over through the dash indicator and into the other side turn signals. Meaning turn signals would all light up and probably not flash.
But nothing to do with starting and running.
Back to fundemetals......my fear is you have damaged the ECU with your reversed jumper connection.
This is the conclusion I have come to as well. Now I have a choice to make. Do i drive 6 hours to the dealer to drop the bike off, and 6 hours back home. And do it all again to pick the bike up and pay diagnostic fees as well as repair fees. Or do I drop $1400.00 On a new ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts