MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have to change my lithium battery because it was the not good quality and I'm searching a good quality battery. I have send an email to Bosch but they don't sell a compatible battery with F3 675.
Could you advise me a compatible lithium battery?

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm also in the market for a Lithium cause the F3 battery is a pain in the @$$ to deal with due to it's location on the bike. I've read a few reviews on the Earthx and I'll be trying that one on the F3 and my current S1KRR build. https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/etx18f

Reactions: .fabioss.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . I do have a charger/tender but typically do nto use it and the bike sits for weeks sometimes without being started.
I'm wondering if not using the tender might have long-term effects on battery life? We're sort of in unchartered territory here because of lithiums being comparatively new to the scene. I have one in my 2018 Honda, but always keep it on trickle.

Good to know though, that yours starts after weeks of non-use. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi,
I have to change my lithium battery because it was the not good quality and I'm searching a good quality battery. I have send an email to Bosch but they don't sell a compatible battery with F3 675.

Thanks.
MV have one on their accessory catalogue. I bought mine from Evolutionbike.it.

Best investment for our bikes.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have been using a lithium battery in one shape or form since 2006. Currently have Shorai batteries in my Panigale 2012 1199S & 2011 675R daytona, both have never been on a tender and both batteries are over 6 years old, and so far have proven to be amazing. The 1199S Does seem to not start as fast as she once did in the colder days, if the bike has sat, but it always fires up.
So some pretty impressive stuff if you ask me. Some have had not nearly as good experiences, batteries that were DOA, and fizzled out after a few rides.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I have an Antigravity ATZ10-12 that I installed in my Turismo around a year and a half ago, removed before I part exchanged it for the Multistrada. 151mm long, 86mm deep and 95mm high and 360CCA. Costs £240 new. Comes complete with a suitable Optimate TM470 LiPo specific charger (using a charger with a deshulphate function on a LiPo battery isn't a good idea) these are £65 new.

Will accept £180 for the above, over £300 new. Will have to be a case of buyer collects, or mutually agreed meeting, though as the regular carriers don't like shipping batteries. I accept that limits this to the UK, if not just the Midlands, Wales and the SW.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have been out of the bike scene for far too long. I have never heard of batteries costing that much. Not being critical - just surprised.

My 2018 Blade comes standard with lithium, but it's probably VERY basic: (HY93 ELIIY POWER) I use an Oxford LI-ion charger.

·
Registered
290 Posts
only started my f3 once time for 30seconds when it was out the crate before I tore it down and did the lipo battery that sait it sat on the tender on oem battery before that first start and I will say it cranks much harder stronger faster w the -5lb battery than the oem. it lights like an Italian car... whubbbbbbbbbbbbbb........ growllllllll

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Hi,

Thanks.
Try this: https://shoraipower.com/battery?type=175&make=381940&model=381943&year=381943

I've had my B4 910s Shorai battery since 2009 with no issues. I use the Shorai dedicated charger/maintainer. Worth the investment.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I also have the antigravity battery mentioned in this thread. If you buy a full sized lithium battery it will cost more but you are getting a ridiculously overrated battery which for a bike with sprag issues is what I prefer!

Do not use trickle charger.

If you buy a small capacity lithium battery you are focusing on weight savings and run a higher risk of failing the battery soon.

The need for lithium maintaining battery depends on the bike and accessories. Some bikes will survive a long time and possibly never need a maintainer. Others will die and lithium batteries once discharged are not recoverable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is vitally important to understand the difference between a normal agm battery, a normal 'battery tender' and a lithium battery.

You have to have a specific lithium battery charger since a 'normal' charger will have a desulphation or 'conditioning' phase that actually overcharges the battery so that the internal battery terminals are cleaned off and conditioned. A lithium battery does not work in this way and you will ruin it if you use a normal charger.

It is also important to know that when cold, you need to 'warm up' your Lithium battery by switching on the headlights (or heated grips) for a minute or two. This current draw will warm up the internals making more amps available for when you do start the engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The thing that worries me about lipos is the tendency to catch fire when charging... I ran one on my cafe but that was old and ratty, not sure I’d take the risk on my MV.

I have a drone professionally (inspire 2) and part of my routine that I have to legally comply with is to charge all batteries in fireproof bags and not leave them unattended while charging...

Not saying it will happen to you, but Just saying...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The need for lithium maintaining battery depends on the bike and accessories.
on my F3 I have a tire pressure indicator ( https://www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/TP-90I-Pro-Professional-Motorcycle-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-System-317.html#SID=53 ) and a 12v connector, both locked up.
Are both these batteries
suitable for my case?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yes, these accessories get power only when bike is turned on, they are sub-key.

In this moment my battery, after to be recharged, emits 13.7v and so it's ok but I don't trust and I think that it's necessary to change it.
However, how often a lithium battery should be recharged to avoid what happened to me?

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is what i am using and it has some serious starting power.. I do have a charger/tender but typically do nto use it and the bike sits for weeks sometimes without being started.

https://www.ballistic-batteries.com/product_info.php?cPath=142_150&products_id=457
Can you please tell us what tender you are running with the Ballistic battery? I am about to buy one too but there are so many opinions about which lithium battery and which tender that its rather confusing.

Any thoughts on the Scorpion Stinger battery?
https://www.scorpionbattery.com/powersports-batteries/motorcycle/sstz14s-fp.html

Thanks!

·
Registered
636 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts