MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I posted a little bit in another older thread, but I figured I would ask for further help here.

I am planning on purchasing a 2013 F3 675 from a seller here in Shanghai. The prices on a new one are ridiculous. Brand new, it is around 42,000 USD and that is not including the price of a legal plate to ride in Shanghai.

The plate itself is now 25,000 USD, but that will probably hold it's value and maybe even rise when you sell it.

Does anyone know anything I should look out for when buying a used F3? The bike only has 2500 km on it and the owner is selling it to me because he wants to buy a new bike due to the F3 being uncomfortable.

Any input is appreciated!

Thank you

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone know anything I should look out for when buying a used F3? The bike only has 2500 km on it and the owner is selling it to me because he wants to buy a new bike due to the F3 being uncomfortable.
Hi,
are you sure to ride the F3 in Shanghai traffic???
I´ve been there several times and cannot imagine that this will be an option for myself... :-/
To be honest: I would not buy a F3 from someone who used it in city traffic. The F3 wants revs... the higher the better... :)
Or do you want it as a track bike?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shanghai traffic won't be a big deal since I go to work later and get off work late also. I think the biggest problem is that I worry about it getting stolen. There is no 100% way to prevent it from getting stolen, but it seems like a commonly occurs in shanghai.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I am planning on purchasing a 2013 F3 675 from a seller here in Shanghai. The prices on a new one are ridiculous. Brand new, it is around 42,000 USD and that is not including the price of a legal plate to ride in Shanghai.

The plate itself is now 25,000 USD,
The first thing you need to do is to move out of Shanghai.

$67000 to own a used F3:jsm:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first thing you need to do is to move out of Shanghai.

$67000 to own a used F3:jsm:
Yup, with all the taxes, any bike above 125cc's is considered a luxury good. The price is always at least 3 times as expensive as it is in the US. I guess that's the price you pay. The only good thing is that the license plate you can always sell as someone will always take it off your hands. The price of the license plate always goes up as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts