MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent started my 2012 f3 for about 3 weeks. When i turned the key today, all the lights came on as usual but when pressing the start button its completly dead. I charged the battery and it made no difference. I bought a new battery and fitted it today and its just the same. Im thinking bad contacts on the starter button maybe so stripped it but couldnt get to the contacts. Any ideas anyone ?

I dont recall the sprag making a noise recently so am hoping its not this. Is replacing the sprag difficult/expensive ? If it turns out to be that.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I havent started my 2012 f3 for about 3 weeks. When i turned the key today, all the lights came on as usual but when pressing the start button its completly dead. I charged the battery and it made no difference. I bought a new battery and fitted it today and its just the same. Im thinking bad contacts on the starter button maybe so stripped it but couldnt get to the contacts. Any ideas anyone ?

I dont recall the sprag making a noise recently so am hoping its not this. Is replacing the sprag difficult/expensive ? If it turns out to be that.

Thanks in advance.
Please tell me you have ensured your engine kill switch is in the correct position. Basics first :naughty:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im tending to think it may be the clutch switch as i think i can recall recently a message on the lcd when i was rifing about clutch switch. Its also had a couple of occasions that theres been no power when pushing start then all of a sudden it worked. Sounds 'switch like'. I cant locate the switch in the manual though. Is it actuall locatd by the clutch lever assembly and what would i do to check it ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok found the problem. Its a faulty clutch switch. The plunger is sticking. If you unplug it at the clutch lever end and short the connctor, it starts. Woohoo. Thats saved a few hundred dollars at the dealers.

·
Super Moderator
21,436 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought bypassing the switch caused issues?
Correct,

Although you can get the bike to start with bridging the wires, they need to then become disconnected or it will cause issues.

I can't remember if it was just the quickshifter that became non-op or if the dash will actually, eventually throw a code?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts