MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone tried alternative handlebars or clip ons with the F3?
If so- might you post your what you've found?

I'm looking for solutions to my hand-numbing and was thinking of exploring non-OEM clip-ons or handlebars that would fit.

Cheers guys~

·
Administrator
20,776 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have you tried different bar ends? The F3 is a buzzy engine, but I did find that different barends made a difference. Similar on my Monster.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thank you for this. I wasn't aware of this company. Gonna check out their products.

OP: I've been using Oberon's stainless steel bar ends combined with Driven Racing grips. It does make a significant difference in cutting down the vibration compared to stock configuration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
reviving an old thread, so I have the factory clip-ons but would like something a little more comfy for casual riding. Possibly something not as aggressive (more upright and narrow). Would the woodcraft product work, and would I which riser would it be? Im thinking 2-3" above stock should work for me.

thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
The woodcraft are a bit bulky compared to some others, and the limiting factor on this is going to be clearance with the upper when moving the bars from lock to lock.

I have been looking as well for something but not quite as much as what your talking about, as 2-3" is not possible without going with a different top triple, then adding bars.
I am thinking more like 10-15mm..

Someone somewhere had put on a top triple with bars on a F3, (not my cup of tea though).

·
Registered
404 Posts
The woodcraft are a bit bulky compared to some others, and the limiting factor on this is going to be clearance with the upper when moving the bars from lock to lock.

I have been looking as well for something but not quite as much as what your talking about, as 2-3" is not possible without going with a different top triple, then adding bars.
I am thinking more like 10-15mm..

Someone somewhere had put on a top triple with bars on a F3, (not my cup of tea though).
I've been using the Woodcraft 25mm riser clip-ons on my F3 for years. There has been no issues with clearance on the racing fairing upper.

I tested these for Woodcraft during development and was able to go up 50mm without hitting anything "if the brake res is moved inboard a little bit :grin2:

Don't get the bulky comment? Maybe because these are designed as racing/track items to be strong and survive a crash with only the bars taking all the damage and the mounts survive without any damage. Since I had a hand in the design I'd say they are really strong and designed to as light as they can without sacrificing strength. :smile2:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Being the MV stockers are already a riser style clip on, compared to say the stock woodcraft clip ons., the difference in your 25mm added height is basically stock. but like most risers you don't have to fully raise them to get some added height if you went with say a 50mm version.

i've owned the woodcraft risers and used them on my RSV4 and found them to be bulky, and yes i realize they are intended as a replace each part as needed "design for track use", also to be affordable. My speedymoto risers i run on my 675R make these feel like ebay Chinese clip-ons.. don't get me started on their so called anodizing..LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts