MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.motea.com/en/zentralstander-constands-power-mv-agusta-f3-675-12-18-303150-0

Im thinking of purchasing the central bike lift stand for the F3.
Handy for lifting of the ground during winters and ofcourse own maintenance since my 2 year warranty has ended today.

My question is; Does anything need to be changed or done to the bike itself before pushing the adapter plate into the frame holes?
Or is it simply mounting the adapter plate to the lift, and its plug n play or lift in this case?

I cant seem to find any confirmation about this on their site or manuals or forum.

Since its for sale right now and it includes the adapter plate within the price this is really the time to get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to remove the OEM nut from the frame hole, turn the axis and secure it with a special nut which is included.
This way the pin mounted on the adapter plate can be inserted in the special nut and swing arm bolt to lift the bike.
Ok, since I cant find the instructions on their website it does get delivered with a instruction manual and specific torque settings to that bolt?
Or is it same torquespecs as in workshop manual?

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
You torque the special nut to the Frame Manual specification.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm thinking of one for my Turismo. I too have rooted around the net looking for reviews, instructions, etc... with limited results.
I did find some videos here, though not for MV bike.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=constand+video+review&t=opera&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=NWVBlcz6AL0
I watched this video yesterday,
and was a bit unnerved by the wiggle he demonstrated at 13 mi mark.

I'm considering a lift that has triangulation gussets on the upright beam like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motor-Central-Stand-Lift-with-Pin-for-BMW-Ducati-Honda-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Yamaha/252012963034?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=86b09328e246441bbaad66a4b17d775b&pid=100675&rk=3&rkt=15&sd=332733103521&itm=252012963034&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:7428c470-ce34-11e8-b4dc-74dbd1804d5c|parentrq:68eb20501660aa48f1cd513bffff5f58|iid:1

But their fitment guide does not include Turismo.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah seen that video few hours ago.
Im not 100% sure if im getting it though. For basic maintenance you really dont need it, like oil/coolant change. Air filter change stuff like that.
When im going to change tires I'll probably bring the entire bike to a shop since I dont have a tirechanger nor wheelbalancer.

It's just a cool stand to put the bike away and off the ground during winter months.
Its an interesting stand non the less.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I am the same as B_G_S in that I don't do tyre changes or major service. I have conventional paddock stands and also an ABBA stand which I believe are quite expensive outside UK. Pic shows my bike on the ABBA stand. I also have an attachment to raise the front wheel off the ground. This is a great implement to use for all sorts of minor work and cleaning.

However, I do recommend that you seriously consider the Constand or similar type because of the manoeuvrability factor; it is a great advantage to be able to move the bike around in a workspace, or, wheel it up tight against a wall for permanent/winter storage. I will be looking at such a stand at our major bike exhibition in Birmingham in November. I will add that some of the Honda owners have recommended to me the 1jac as a favoured mobile stand. Not sure about shipping to yours, but another product to consider:
https://www.1jac.com/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Were it me...and it was once...I would by the Bursig. Oh, I did buy a Bursig.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing with bursig is, they already cost an arm and a leg.
So when buying that it also comes from america since they arent available in europe and total cost will be around 600-700 euros. Import duties and whatnot. Thanks but no thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bursig is German, so it won't come from US and you don't have customs in the EU

Having seen both I'd say it depends on what you are looking for. The Constands is kind of wiggly yes but the bike never drops (unless handled incorrectly).
At least for the older model there are 2 options:
1) have the wheels even but you need to lift the stand at an angle when inserting the bolts to lift the bike
2) have the bolts align when "rolling in", but the wheels are not parallel to the ground (front probably about 2-3 cms lower than rear)

the biggest advantage over the Bursig is that you can have a lot of different "stop" positions, there pretty much are no fixed ones opposing the bursig that only has 1 or 2 fixed positions.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ConStand F4

I have just bought a ConStands "Power Evo"

After fiddling a bit with the adapter bolt and setting the correct distance and angle on the adapter plate, it works really well.

It seems to be really well made and solid.

It does lift the bike at a bit of an angle, but once lifted I can wheel the bike aroound quite easily, also it does not get in the way of removing fairing sides, so you can get to most engine parts. It does take a bit of practice to get it "set" all the way into the adapter bolt and swingarm hole.

With the limited space I have in my garage its very helpfull. The bike will definitely be left on this stand for winter storage.

I paid around 240 Euros including delivery to my address, not a bad price in my book..

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My situation is that I dont own a garage with decent amount of space. Its basically a tiny storage unit attached to my house.
Width is 1,5 bike lengths. Depth is 1,2 bike lengths. Its really tiny + my fathers scooter is also fitted in there aswell. (quick drawing added)
So moving the bike around in there is not going to happen and our backyard has bricks and not tiles so the wheels of the stand will not roll smooth.

It really only comes in handy for me, lifting it off the ground during winter months.
for now it doesnt seem something I really need but just handy to have. However "if" im going to do more serious maintenance it obviously is something that is quickly bought and handy to work with according to many peoples positive experience.

Basically the reason why the lift isnt ordered yet.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts