MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disassembled my instrument cluster- or removed the dash from the mount on the triples- to clean up some debris from inside (small white particles which I attributed to vibration from the dash contacting the steering damper). I disassembled, cleaned the inside, and reassembled using a small amount of loctite blue on the screws. All seemed well so I went into the house for a minute or two and when I came out, I noticed that the plastic surrounding the top two screws holding the dash cover onto the rear of the housing, had split and fragmented.

No way I'm gonna ride with the busted dash and risk completely destroying it.

Can the plastic housing halves be ordered and the original internals swapped so I can keep with the current mileage and so forth... or am I totally e'ffed??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was some sort of sealant(?) on the screws.. 5 screws in the back and thus assumed I could remove the two halves to inspect/clean if necessary.

Perhaps I completely ruined it by removing??

Either way, I'm NOT too pleased at the moment

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The molded area at the top of the dash where the screws mount has split on one, and completely broken away I the other..

I was beginning to wonder if plastic-weld or similar could remedy, but I think it'd look like ass as would prefer to replace with OEM

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
This is where CAG usually chimes in about how his Aladdins Cave of MV spare parts might have one lying around.
He is the man for second hand parts, if you weren't aware...

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
No need, he'll answer you here. You're totally effed. The housing is not available separately from the internals. I do have a spare dash, but it is for an SPR, it has 0 miles, and it ain't cheap.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
I would think so.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LoL... Yup!

Well, kinda.... I'm keeping the busted cluster so I can keep accurate track/documentation of mileage.. with proof.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts