MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi troops, I'm Paul from Barnsley, UK and I'm picking up my new(ish) 2011 Brutale 1090RR tomorrow morning. Look forward to BS'ing with yawl :)

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Welcome to the family...pictures are mandatory!!!

'cause we just love to look at the bikes. !! :yo:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi and welcome Paul, get some pics up of the new bike . Fingers crossed for you on pick up day! .

·
Registered
210 Posts
hi Paul, take it you got the bike from Russ at Bennetts. Was up there last week. I'm just down the road from you in Chesterfield UK.
Good luck with the purchase and give me shout if your passing on the way out to the racetrack that is Derbyshire.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi and welcome Paul. Big congrats on the Brutale :brutale:

Looking forwards to BS'ing with us :wtf:

There'll be none of that here :jsm: :stickpoke :naughty: :laughing:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi troops, I'm Paul from Barnsley, UK and I'm picking up my new(ish) 2011 Brutale 1090RR tomorrow morning. Look forward to BS'ing with yawl :)
Is that two 1090's in Barnsley now including mine? almost a UJM! If you need any help/advice no problem, my rates are reasonable! Am sure you will enjoy...Shaun

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I was/am a Triumph rider, coming from a 2003 Sprint RS SSSA, I had in mind to buy a new Kwak Z1000SX but I couldn't get to grips with the 2012 colours, then I started looking around and was seduced by the brutale :mouthwate

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that two 1090's in Barnsley now including mine? almost a UJM! If you need any help/advice no problem, my rates are reasonable! Am sure you will enjoy...Shaun
Ta Shaun, looks like we'll be taking over the "Nash" car park then :) (Remember that and the Ring o bells?) :yo:

BTW, I was born in Sheffield, raised in Shafton and now live in Dewsbury but I work and therefore spend a lot of time in Mapplewell.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Welcome Paul.
Head to the members biographies section when you get a chance and tell us a little about yourself.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Nice...I am partial to that color scheme...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ta Shaun, looks like we'll be taking over the "Nash" car park then :) (Remember that and the Ring o bells?) :yo:
I used to go to the Nash & Ring o Bells, that's about 30 yrs ago now! Your bike looks nice. was in Bennett's today, did you get it from there?

btw, those mirrors maybe the first thing you will have to dispense with unless they have improved them!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used to go to the Nash & Ring o Bells, that's about 30 yrs ago now! Your bike looks nice. was in Bennett's today, did you get it from there?

btw, those mirrors maybe the first thing you will have to dispense with unless they have improved them!
She's not from Bennetts m8, I got her from a Viva Moto in Bradford, 1 owner, she was registered September 2011 and had covered 375 miles. The original supplying MV dealer was Forza Italia @ Silverstone. She's now showing 475 so I'll be speaking to the guys @ Bennetts next week to arrange the 1st service.

The mirrors....aaaah yes:wtf: Well, I've had worse, but they sorta work, my main gripe is the glass is so stiff to adjust I think it's gonna break :jsm: What's the general consensus on replacements?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The main problem with the mirrors apart from the fact that they don't work very well is that they buzz, this normally starts after about 476 miles. I think most owners on here have changed them. Barracuda do a straight replacement set with built in turn signals. Al at Design Corse (See sponsors) can source you a set. The other option is to relocate your turn signals onto the headlight bracket, then you've got a lot more options on replacements.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hey Paul, welcome,this is a great place to meet some 50 year olds who think they are caught in a time warp, welcome again.
cheers eddy:mouthwate

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Paul, welcome,this is a great place to meet some 50 year olds who think they are caught in a time warp, welcome again.
cheers eddy:mouthwate
Hey Eddy thanks but whoaaa boy! I'm "only" 48 :yo: Right, I'm off fer a nap......

·
Registered
405 Posts
She's now showing 475 so I'll be speaking to the guys @ Bennetts next week to arrange the 1st service.

The mirrors....aaaah yes:wtf: Well, I've had worse, but they sorta work, my main gripe is the glass is so stiff to adjust I think it's gonna break :jsm: What's the general consensus on replacements?

I would ask them to fit the modified gear change return spring at the first service , they do break and its not a long job.

I have these on mine now (excellent quality) but have also tried bar end mirrors...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-CNC-Billet-Limit-Sport-Mirrors-YAMAHA-YZF-R6-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-/280844400994?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4163a17962

1 - 20 of 20 Posts