MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took one of my mirror assemblies apart tonight to see if I could grease or otherwise loosen the adjustment movement. (My dealer told me a cautionary tale of a new owner trying to adjust his stiff mirror on a new bike and cracking it.)

I noticed that on the back off the indicator assembly there's four raised lugs that limit the travel of the mirror adjustments. Has anyone been bold enough to remove or shorten these to extend the angle range?

Oh, and greasing the pivot worked. Though stiff enough to stay put, I can now move the mirror without worrying about breaking it!

Si

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it when I get my bike back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
TheCatWhisperer

Just be careful not to make it too lubricated as it will droop when riding over not so perfect blacktop.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
673 Posts
I like the mirrors. I can check out how secksy I look in my leather.

Really though, even if the mirrors worked, I still wouldn't trust them. I always look over my shoulder.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
cryptyk said:
I like the mirrors. I can check out how secksy I look in my leather.

Really though, even if the mirrors worked, I still wouldn't trust them. I always look over my shoulder.
I use to do the same. The checking over the shoulder thing, not so much the other, but I've come to realize both can be dangerous and should be avoided. It's the looking away from what's coming in front of you, for too long that can hurt you. :stir: :shocker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts