MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
We are looking for insurance for our new Dragsters and the only company who were able to provide a quotation immediately, was Express Insurance Services. Initially they seem very good and are very competitive (well actually the cheapest (too good to be true?)). We were wondering if anyone else may be insured with them? Any feedback would be good.
Thank you
Kind regards

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have used them in the past, no issues with them.
I never needed to make a claim,so can't comment on that

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Express is under the Carole Nash umbrella. I have always found them dearer than most.

I'm currently using BeMoto which is competitive albeit a tad dearer than some, BUT the inclusions are good and there's no mid-term admin fee for change of circumstances etc. https://www.bemoto.uk/

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Express is under the Carole Nash umbrella. I have always found them dearer than most.

I'm currently using BeMoto which is competitive albeit a tad dearer than some, BUT the inclusions are good and there's no mid-term admin fee for change of circumstances etc. https://www.bemoto.uk/
Hello Nigel

I did see that Express fell under the Carole Nash umbrella. I will try bemoto.

Thank you.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I write, we are expecting delivery of the GF's new Dragster on Monday, but she cannot find anyone to insure her comprehensively.......Oh dear

·
Registered
526 Posts
As I write, we are expecting delivery of the GF's new Dragster on Monday, but she cannot find anyone to insure her comprehensively.......Oh dear

Are they saying why they wont quote? Often if bike is not on their 'drop down' list they wont look further. If its a new model you may well have to call - I'm female (not sure that can be the issue though!) and insure via BikeSure - £150 this year for renewal including EU breakdown cover and protected NCD. They also do a very reasonable agreed value option which is worth taking out on a new bike...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are they saying why they wont quote? Often if bike is not on their 'drop down' list they wont look further. If its a new model you may well have to call - I'm female (not sure that can be the issue though!) and insure via BikeSure - £150 this year for renewal including EU breakdown cover and protected NCD. They also do a very reasonable agreed value option which is worth taking out on a new bike...
Hello CharLy

Bennetts would not insure her. When we sit and think about it, we begin to understand why it has been problematic.......

1) held full UK bike licence 5 years only
2) speeding fine still admissible until later in the Year (will be 5 years old)
3) bike stored at different address to policy holder (ie at mine)
4) bike is worth over £16K
5) wants dual motorcycle insurance to include her KTM35O EXCF Sixdays (only good thing is that she can use her 4 Years no claims discount for both bikes)
6) she is only 24 Years old (I wish, +20 Years)
7) she is female (only joking)

She has now got insurance for £580 for both bikes, comprehensive, no claims protected and legal cover (not too bad considering?)

I still do not understand the Legal Protection Cover?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hello
We are looking for insurance for our new Dragsters and the only company who were able to provide a quotation immediately, was Express Insurance Services. Initially they seem very good and are very competitive (well actually the cheapest (too good to be true?)). We were wondering if anyone else may be insured with them? Any feedback would be good.
Thank you
Kind regards
It was too good to be true.....and the saga continues. Luckily for me (or possibly unlucky), is that my bike is not turning up on Monday, so therefore have time to sort out correct insurance.

The lowest quotation I had for two bikes was £217 with Express Insurance Services and highest quotation was £554 with MCE. After the initial contact with 5 companies, I thought that I would call them again today, to check that they were quoting on the correct bike and low and behold, not one of them quoted on a Dragster 800 RC. The variants used were: Brutale Dragster LH 44, Dragster LH 44, F3 RC and another that I can not remember. I have made sure that they are now quoting on the correct bike and I am waiting for them to get back to me.

The GF had already chosen to use MCE (as her bike arrives Monday), so I called her to ask her to check what she had been quoted on; and sure enough she was quoted on Brutale Dragster LH 44. MCE have now noted the correct bike and emailed confirmation, stating Dragster 800 RR is what is insured.

What a game......slowly, slowly, catch Monkey.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
It was too good to be true.....and the saga continues. . . .

The GF had already chosen to use MCE (as her bike arrives Monday), so I called her to ask her to check what she had been quoted on; and sure enough she was quoted on Brutale Dragster LH 44. MCE have now noted the correct bike and emailed confirmation, stating Dragster 800 RR is what is insured.
On that basis then, I hope the MCE price was revised also, because the LH44 (love it or hate it) is a dearer bike and therefore represents a higher risk and higher payout. Further, because if its 'exclusivity' (as opposed to the standard production) its risk of theft is greater and accordingly would attract a dearer premium.

I am weaning myself off MCE (having recently switched to Bemoto) and only 10 minutes ago received their email that my 2018 Fireblade SP2 renewal has increased by £220 despite having no claims and 7 bikes (also with no claims) with MCE.

You MUST hold them accountable for your GF's premium. They cannot simply just change the model designation on the policy!!:|

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get what you’re saying about MCE, they started out very good value. I was with them for 4 years, their premiums went up progressively and the final year jumped £180. Currently with Bennets but they won’t insure my recently imported from France Benelli TNT on its frame no. so I can ride it to get an mot. Will be changing again this year. Heard good things about BeMoto

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You MUST hold them accountable for your GF's premium. They cannot simply just change the model designation on the policy!!:|[/QUOTE]

It would appear, they can do what they like.........I think that you are correct; the premium, in theory, should be less for an RC over an LH 44

I think it will only be sorted out once the bike has been registered with the DVLA. At least that way, it will be on 'the system'. They have insured it on the number plate, so the trail is there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts