MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this exposed wire underneath their Brutale - it seems to connect the schinkelfish to the grubberknuckle. The sheath hasn't moved back - it seems to always have been that way - and I just wondered what it really is and whether there's a need to cover it. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have had 3 MV F4's and everyone has had it exposed. So no need to worry :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Does anyone else have this exposed wire underneath their Brutale - it seems to connect the schinkelfish to the grubberknuckle. The sheath hasn't moved back - it seems to always have been that way - and I just wondered what it really is and whether there's a need to cover it. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

I've always wondered about it on my Brutale. I just haven't had the mental Wherewithal to remember to take a picture or post the question. Thanks for getting on it!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're very welcome.

Now I hope someone can tell me what it is - especially if it's meant to be that way...

·
Registered
349 Posts
It amazes me how much love we have for our MVs.

I had the same issue about that exact exposed wire, and decided to tape it up with some electrical tape. I guess it bothered me that there is a possibility that water might get in and oxidize the connection between the sensor and the wire.
I also was relieved to see that there are other Brutale owners out there that are as devoted and neurotic about their machines as i am. I guess now i can sleep easier knowing that i am sure there is someone out there right now starring at their MV parked in their garage with a smile thinking "i can't believe i am fortunate enough to own something like this".

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 from me! :)

I'm grateful every day!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wonder how many owners will be in their garage, not staring lovingly at their bikes, but with consternation at this wire they'd never bothered to worry about before, wondering if they, too, should shore it up with some electrical tape.

·
Registered
29 Posts
manalagi001 said:
I wonder how many owners will be in their garage, not staring lovingly at their bikes, but with consternation at this wire they'd never bothered to worry about before, wondering if they, too, should shore it up with some electrical tape.
I still love the bike but I have been staring at that wire.

·
Registered
403 Posts
So the wire is an oil sensor? Is it ok to cover it up. I have looked at that many times and tried to figure out why it is exposed. Should it be taped?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
manalagi001 said:
As a psych, I feel quite guilty at raising people's anxiety levels! Sorry about that! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts