MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '13 1090RR there are 3 warning lights between the tach and the LCD display. The top light is yellow and lights up when the kickstand is down. The bottom light is red and is the rev limiter indicator - it also comes on when the bike is off to indicate the immobilized is activated. It's the middle light which is orange that I can't figure out - it stays on while I'm riding but there's no accompanying warning on the LCD dash. I see Sport mode and ABS N which I assume means Normal. I've read the manual several times and don't see an explanation for this middle orange light - could it be operating temp?

Any help would be appreciated. I've now got 600 miles on the odo - did short 100 mile canyon ride today - the bike just gets better and better.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried searching previously but didn't find anything - tried again and found several posts to the same question with no clear explanation.

Is there a tire pressure monitoring system on the '13 1090RR with ABS? Wondering if that could be the explanation.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I believe it is the low fuel warning light.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I tried searching previously but didn't find anything - tried again and found several posts to the same question with no clear explanation.

Is there a tire pressure monitoring system on the '13 1090RR with ABS? Wondering if that could be the explanation.
No tyre pressure monitoring system mate.

I believe it is the low fuel warning light.
Nope.

But this came up in the 2nd generation F4 section also, maybe have a look in there guys, I just can't seem to remember right now, must be the drugs I'm being fed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry - try what? If the middle of the 3 lights is the rev limiter I wonder why so many of us have it staying lit regardless of RPM?

The mystery continues....

Donsy - I'll do as you say and look in the F4 section.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2012 1090r and I've gotten the same thing. Comes on for a while then goes out. No rhyme or reason to it that I can tell, but it hasn't happened to me in the past six months. I was going to ask the maint folks at the dealer about it next time I'm in there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did you bike come with a flash drive?

It should be on there.
It did - I just took another look to see if there might be any clue - don't see anything - the info looks like what I have in the paper manuals. There is something called a "key updater" that seems to be looking for updates. I don't see a picture like the one you posted either though. I'll also call the dealer and see what they know. What interesting is that even the top light - the one. Foe. The. Kick stand isn't called out in the manuals either. Weird.

Did I say the bike runs great? 'Cause it does.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Your bikes due for service if I'm correct Multi ? I think, as far as I can remember, that light has something to do with either a error code on service indicator, ask the dealer, and let us all know please.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your bikes due for service if I'm correct Multi ? I think, as far as I can remember, that light has something to do with either a error code on service indicator, ask the dealer, and let us all know please.
That's the best explanation I've heard yet Donsy - thanks. On the other post on this topic one of the forum members indicated that when he took his bike in for service the light finally went off. The weird part is that the light has been on since I got the bike but I think that might mean that the light is faulty. I hope to get it in later this week and I'll post what I find out.

Thanks again everyone...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've brought this question up before - best answer is it might be a general check engine light (Maybe service needed is included in this)
I haven't seen it on mine since I had the dealer service the bike so I'm inclined to believe it.

But there is no mention of it in any of the manuals and it seems the dealers have no clue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Multipass, I've been away from the forum for a while and previously posed this same question and thanks to all for the responses. My middle warning light still comes on randomly (hot weather, mild-cool weather, low fuel, full fuel, at idle.......) and I'm not red lining so I don't think it is related to the rev limiter. Have looked at the wiring diagram and thought it could be tire pressure sensor (but none on this bike - oh and I'm not an elec eng so could be reading that wrong!). Could it be a 'spare' light waiting for an accessory (like tire pressure) and just playing up until dedicated to something?? I think Poon Stick maybe onto something with his answer of a general check light, although my dealer mentioned that he thought it was related to richness of fuel mix.
Hope you find the answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!
I've Brutale 2013 ABS and the same question about the middle orange light. The bike is ok, manuals and dealers dont give any answers.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome

Hi!
I've Brutale 2013 ABS and the same question about the middle orange light. The bike is ok, manuals and dealers dont give any answers.
Great to have you on board .

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
We have a couple of dealers as members and/or sponsors of the forum.....

Hey guys, can you chime in here? Maybe contact factory service for an explanation if you don't have one???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm already overdue for my 600 mile service. Not sure how I put this many miles on so quickly - wait - yes - I do know how - it's freakin' awesome! Anyway, I'll be sure to ask - and we can add their answer to all of the other useless responses we've been given.:naughty:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Orange light came on today on f4r. Never before. Looked up why here . I know I am overdue for service. Yes nothing in users manual but Thanks guys, It must be a good bet its a service light. Weird thing however that after a coffee stop it didn't come back on !

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Orange light came on today on f4r. Never before. Looked up why here . I know I am overdue for service. Yes nothing in users manual but Thanks guys, It must be a good bet its a service light. Weird thing however that after a coffee stop it didn't come back on !
Decaf or regular?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts