MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about a 'new' de-cat exhaust system for my 2016 1090, ABS Brutale. But I'm really struggling to find anything which will fit. The manufactures (Zard & Arrows) I've enquired to only seem to support the earlier (pre 2013)1090 model. I've had a search on the forum but could not find anything on this, I'm assuming there must have been technical change to the later 1090's which prevents fitment?

·
Registered
64 Posts
possibly the one piece headers/cat? If thats the case, i chopped the cat off of my 910 headers and put an arrow link pipe on. I assume you could do similar

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
UKBrutman just remember to get a tuner (power commander or the like) and have it tuned after exhaust install so your not running lean. Good luck and welcome to the site

·
Registered
522 Posts
try ordering from silmotor in Italy direct, thats what I have on my 2015 1090RR

they have the header in stainless or titanium, great quality and fit. I have Silomoto headers onto MV Corse (arrow) OL4 silencers

custom tune by hilltop motorcycles near Leicester

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts

they have the header in stainless or titanium, great quality and fit. I have Silomoto headers onto MV Corse (arrow) OL4 silencers

DDddaaaaaaaammmnnnnnnn. that is hawt

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Love that Ti blue !!!

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

I've been thinking about a 'new' de-cat exhaust system for my 2016 1090, ABS Brutale. But I'm really struggling to find anything which will fit. The manufactures (Zard & Arrows) I've enquired to only seem to support the earlier (pre 2013)1090 model. I've had a search on the forum but could not find anything on this, I'm assuming there must have been technical change to the later 1090's which prevents fitment?
Search for posts by "cruiser"......He has a 1090 (year?) he just put 910 head pipes and an Arrow Thunder on it
It was in the last month or so

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Wow, that looks really nice :smile2: Did the custom tune include a power commander?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that looks really nice :smile2: Did the custom tune include a power commander?

Doubtful... Hilltop use their own system for tuning and write directly to the stock ECU. Do a google search on them and you will find lots of discussion on the pros and cons of the Hilltop method!
Personally I would never use them but lots have and get good results.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doubtful... Hilltop use their own system for tuning and write directly to the stock ECU. Do a google search on them and you will find lots of discussion on the pros and cons of the Hilltop method!
Personally I would never use them but lots have and get good results.
I got in contact with Hilltop regarding their ECU programing process. Sounds interesting, but something I probably wont go for. Regarding the exhuast, quite honsetly the stock item looks really sweet and without a straight forward upgrade path I will leave as is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts