MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been checking out the MV Corse exhaust systems. Some correspondence from the tech guys at MV say that the Titanium cans are louder and are more free flowing than the Stainless cans.

At $5k I'm struggling to justify the cost of the Ti system although it is aesthetically sweet.

So I was wondering if anybody out there has any experience with both as a comparison with regards to sound? Can imagine the delta in the back pressure would even be noticeable.

Any help would be appreciated.
THX
B

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I have RG3's on a 750, I have a set of Moto Corse Titanium slip ons on a 750, and I have MV Corse titanium slip ons on a 1000.

I wouldn't say the titanium pipes are any louder, but they do have a different exhaust note. More raspier, less mellow.

All the titanium slip ons are worth the cost of admission in my opinion. You wouldn't believe how much lighter they are too.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have just put the MV Corse slip-ons on my 910R. I already had the race ECU and the mid-pipe, but for some reason the standard slip-ons were still on it (got it second hand).

Impressions?

The sound? Just amazing! Before the induction noise was always louder than the exhaust noise... now it is the other way round and just makes the bike MUCH MORE FUN to ride! It now pops and burbles on down-shifts and justs sounds absolutly wicked thru tunnels! Like someone said above, much more "raspy", more "Corse"! Its quite a bit louder.

Power? Its almost like someone changed the engine or something... it revs quicker, de-revs (is that a word) quicker and feels much more responsive, even in 6th at 180km/s, you just wind it on and... POWER. It pulls the front wheel up much quicker... and i cant believe it, but the power is more brutal. I cant wait to get it on the track!

Other things: One strange thing is that with the standard slip-ons, the mid pipe and the race ECU it over-fuelled something cronic! Give it a rev and you could see the un-burnt fuel, a lot of guys i ride with say that they can see the thing over fueling when i gave it stick... But with the race slip-ons, it dosnt do it any more. I can only guess that the race ECU is EXPECTING the slip-ons there and now that it has the full race system on, it all "fits into place"?

Anyway... get to try out the arrow thunder next week....

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Gee...Randarosa has the Ti system and I have the Inox system...otherwise similar 910Rs...I guess we need to put them side by side and see if there is any sound difference....I know the Ti system looks a lot prettier with its blue coloring, and weighs less for sure. Since they are both essentially the same pipes in design, just different materials, I would think they should have similar sound and performance characteristics.

If I was better off financially i would have the Ti system in a heart beat, given the choice, regardless of any sound difference.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Gee...Randarosa has the Ti system and I have the Inox system...otherwise similar 910Rs...I guess we need to put them side by side and see if there is any sound difference....I know the Ti system looks a lot prettier with its blue coloring, and weighs less for sure. Since they are both essentially the same pipes in design, just different materials, I would think they should have similar sound and performance characteristics.

If I was better off financially i would have the Ti system in a heart beat, given the choice, regardless of any sound difference.
Yep, check my album for pics. I remember paying about $2500 not $5000, and yes, it's pretty loud, but I really love the sound.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I just assumed that since he has a Senna in the registry, he was talking about F4 exhaust not Brutale exhaust.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a Moto corse Ti system fitted to my brutale 1078,apart from the beautiful welding on the Ti pipes compared to the rough as rats finish on the stock system and the loss of the ugliest catalyzer in the world the sound is just awesome,a rasping bark is how i would describe it,not louder but more throaty.I would regularly go twenty miles out of my way just to hear it going through a tunnel(speed limit 30 mph:ahhh:).I decided to remove it due to ecu issues,however saving the pennies for Xbike treatment in the new year when it will be installed again:drummer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if it wasn't clear guys. I've got a Senna and just picked up the Brute a few months ago. I have the RG3's and the race ECU on the Senna. What a difference that made. So I was looking to fix the same deficiencies on the Brute as well as obtain a sweet exhaust note.

I've been looking at the MV Corse systems. As far as the TI sets I like the looks of the smooth tube coing out of the head as opposed to the multipke welded sections. But as I said having a hard time justifying $5k.

Thanks for all the input so far.......
B

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't remember their being much difference in the sound between the titanium slip ons and the race slip ons. Ben has both and Ed and Randy could compare.

However, there is no doubt that the titanium headers are gorgeous. If you can, but just the headers and use the 910R slip ons.

Face it, the only real reason to have titanium headers is because they turn pretty colors when they get hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts