MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a quick search, it looks like there are only three options for aftermarket exhausts for the TV: HP Corse, QD and FM Projects.
I am not looking for a loud exhaust (I already have that on my brutale) but just a slightly deeper note than OEM, if possible. I saw YouTube vids of all three, FM project sounds a bit too much and the HydroTre sounded pretty good with DB killers in and QD was a bit meh but they're online videos so it's hard to trust the accuracy of the sound capture.
Has anybody installed any aftermarket system who would be willing to share their experience and opinion, particularly on loudness factor on long distance rides?

·
Registered
71 Posts
After a quick search, it looks like there are only three options for aftermarket exhausts for the TV: HP Corse, QD and FM Projects.

I am not looking for a loud exhaust (I already have that on my brutale) but just a slightly deeper note than OEM, if possible. I saw YouTube vids of all three, FM project sounds a bit too much and the HydroTre sounded pretty good with DB killers in and QD was a bit meh but they're online videos so it's hard to trust the accuracy of the sound capture.

Has anybody installed any aftermarket system who would be willing to share their experience and opinion, particularly on loudness factor on long distance rides?

No experience, but I'm buying the HP Corse for the reasons you stated about the noise, plus I like the look. I'm about to order in the next week or so.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
71 Posts
Andy,

I saw two different ones at different price points on Ebay - maybe one is the older model:

https://www.ebay.com/p/MV-Agusta-Turismo-VELOCE-2014-2016-Exhaust-HP-Corse-Muffler-Hydro-tre-386/2209784414

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Corse-HydroTre-Satin-Inox-Exhaust-System-Approved-Mv-Agusta-Turismo-Veloce/112628227339

Who are you buying yours from? I checked Evolution Bike and DesignCorse and ebay seem to have they most competitive pricing overall

Direct from the manufacturer, I emailed them for a price. Still working out the price as import duty is a lot. I don't like eBay so that option is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've got the Zard exhaust. I had a GPR on there before and this is much deeper yet quieter and more subtle. Mines on the F3 so I imagine it fits the other 3 cylinder Bikes.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I've got the Zard exhaust. I had a GPR on there before and this is much deeper yet quieter and more subtle. Mines on the F3 so I imagine it fits the other 3 cylinder Bikes.
The mounting points for the F3, Brutale and Turismo are all different I believe, certainly the Turismo anyway. I think the Stradele and TV have the same.

If the OP has seen YouTube videos of the Hydro Tre on the TV than that's probably one of mine.

I looked at the same options and wanted something more 'fruity' that OEM but not obnoxiously loud. The Hydro Tre is the best of the bunch to fit that requirement, with the DB killers in, and thankfully, IMHO, the best looking too. With both of those boxes ticked the cost was somewhat academic. I don't like the looks of the QD and the FM Project is just too noisy.

I bought mine from Moto Corsa here in the UK at the start of my relationship with them as my chosen MV dealer after my local guy went bust.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just to add a little on the QD side of discussion. My new to me 2016 TVL came with the QD exhaust with the baffles out and was way too loud for my taste. I found myself shifting very early to keep the tone down. I really didn't like QD at all from start-up to any level of RPM without the baffles. Almost immediately put the baffles in and surprised myself in that I have become really quite content on the sound front. The exhaust note is still F1 like but much easier on the ears. The high pitched whine mostly gone in normal riding but lights up nicely when wrist periodically exerts it's will.

The QD baffles themselves are interesting in their lack of any particular sophistication. I didn't pay that much attention to the baffles when I installed them as it was more of an experiment in noise control. The baffles seem to be nothing more than a flat heavy duty stainless steel plug with, I am guessing here, a 20.0+-mm x 120.0+-mm piece of straight tubing in the middle & that's it. In any event, the sound went from just past obnoxious sans baffles to what I find to be pretty much ideal on the exhaust note. YMMV.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've ordered the HP Corse direct from the manufacturer, €900 with p&p. Not bad... Looking forward to the sound..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the QE system and it's excellent. Looks amazing, not too expensive, but it is quite noisy. heir customer service was excellent as I lost an end and baffle as the location screw came loose and they replace them FOC.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys. My heart leans towards the HP Corse and will put that on my list to Santa. Now I just have to be a good boy for a few months....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a HP Corse evoxtreme for sale if anyone is interested, don't know if this is the right place to post it or not apologies if not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts