MV Agusta Forum banner

1201 - 1207 of 1207 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently got a second hand B3 800 2013 and would like to get a aftermarket exhaust.

Similar to some of the other comments in this thread, I'd like to keep the 3 pipe look. Having said that i don't want to get an exhaust that is annoyingly loud.

As far as i can tell the main options are:
- Silmotor
- QD
- Zero
- Alkadesign
- HP hydro tre
- FM

Based on previous comments in the thread, the FM, Silmotor and Zero exhausts are really lound which leaves the QD, Alkadesign and HP Hydro tre.

I actually like the raspy sound of the stock exhaust and would like to get an aftermarket one that doesn't loose this sound. Can anyone comment on the "raspyness" of the QD, alka and hydro tre?

I've watched a bunch of videos but sometimes it's hard to tell if the mic. is cutting the sound out. Some of the aftermarket exhausts seem to make the bike sound generic. Also, i hate the sound of the street / speed triple at idle. Definatly don't want to sound like that.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,635 Posts
Somebody help me out...Silmoto versus Silmotor....

·
Registered
432 Posts
This exhaust is a simple one piece bolt on that replaces the fugly stock muffler under the bike with 3 pipes that feed 3 real mufflers. Notice in the LH image of the Dragster, there is no muffler between the tire and motor.

The entire system is made of 304 stainless and weighs approximately half that of stock (approx. 5lbs vs approx. 10lbs stock)

As far as loudness, I'd say it's about the same as an FM. It has a different tone though.

Everything was sized to give considerable improvements to mid-range power.

+13% RWHP (approx 10 RWHP) in the midrange (measured Rivale 800)
+10% RWT (approx. 5 FTLB) in the midrange (measured Rivale 800)

The exhaust is in production and will be available February. Made in the USA.

Pricing has not been finalized.
I really like the look of that one.... Is it now in production and for sale as a slip on for the Brutale 800 please?

1201 - 1207 of 1207 Posts