·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Here's a little teaser from Canada. :smoking:

Yes, it's a Hindle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why can't there be exhausts that look good and have good performance?

Seems, like the Zard is best performance wise, but I don't like looking at it.

Can anyone find Performance Numbers for the HP Hydroform?

·
Registered
504 Posts
PT, unless the Termi system demonstrates that they produce way more power than others, the HP Corse system is much nicer looking, with its hydroformed muffler. A bike as good looking as the F3 deserves a good-looking exhaust as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
PT, unless the Termi system demonstrates that they produce way more power than others, the HP Corse system is much nicer looking, with its hydroformed muffler. A bike as good looking as the F3 deserves a good-looking exhaust as well.
Can find any results of a Hydroformed on an F3.

However, I have seen that Hydroformed on other motorcycles sometimes results in loss of HP and other a gain of 1-3 HP.

Looks like Hydroformed is complete garbage.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

However, I have seen that Hydroformed on other motorcycles sometimes results in loss of HP and other a gain of 1-3 HP.

Or a demonstration of how good stock systems are today. There are less and less gains to be had these days.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
895 Posts

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54440
Looks and sounds good, but they don't show any hp numbers, so maybe you are right.:jsm:
Certainly the build quality looks excellent to me, so I wouldn't call it garbage.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It seems "hydroformed" may be a misunderstood term. It refers to a method of bending steel where water is pressurized inside the tube and enables bends with smooth transitions. That's what allows the HP Corse system to have a gradually increasing muffler shape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

For you, what will give the better sound on B3/F3 ?

- keep stock manifold and use Zero muffler
- keep stock muffler and use Arrow/HP Corse manifold (de cat)

Thanks ! :f4:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hello,

For you, what will give the better sound on B3/F3 ?

- keep stock manifold and use Zero muffler
- keep stock muffler and use Arrow/HP Corse manifold (de cat)

Thanks ! :f4:
Impossible to answer without trying both, but well pleased with the sound of the Zero with standard exhaust.
It also looks very very good in comparison with the original

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Bruce for your answer.

I think that I will go for the Zero too but I try to collect opinions of people who test these two configurations :)

The Zero exhaust change completely the sound or it's just louder than original one? When you are in neutral, is there any change?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks Bruce for your answer.

I think that I will go for the Zero too but I try to collect opinions of people who test these two configurations :)

The Zero exhaust change completely the sound or it's just louder than original one? When you are in neutral, is there any change?

Thanks
Difficult to remember the old sound, it is louder and I would say deeper. Quality is far superior (See previous posting), especially the welding and pipe alignment. But what I have noticed that virtually everybody walking along the road will turn round way before you arrive.
Now covered in the region of 2000 or more miles and the pipes will soon require a polish to bring back to the original finish.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
... But what I have noticed that virtually everybody walking along the road will turn round way before you arrive...
Funny story, the wife’s fist bike was a little Honda Rebel 250. She was quite found of it and thought she’d never have reason for anything bigger. I used to meet her after work and then we’d ride a different route home each night. On one such ride our trip took us around a small lake. A group of boys were playing hoops and hearing us approach all ran to the road side to see. However, the look of disappointment was shattering to the wife when all they saw was her on that little Rebel. Moments later I came around the bend and Linda heard the kids cheer at seeing want was making all the ruckus. When we got home she said that was it, she was getting a Ducati that would be just a loud as mine.
Fast forward a dozen years and the roles are now reversed. I see people turning their heads but they’re looking past me to the wife. Her M796 with its Termi cans makes such a lovely low growl. While on a recent high spirited romp Molly and I flew past people who didn’t know I was there until I wasn’t. As great as the new MV 3 cylinder bikes sound while riding them those standing road side hear little. That’s not totally a bad thing if those listening are members of the constabulary. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Difficult to remember the old sound, it is louder and I would say deeper. Quality is far superior (See previous posting), especially the welding and pipe alignment. But what I have noticed that virtually everybody walking along the road will turn round way before you arrive.
Now covered in the region of 2000 or more miles and the pipes will soon require a polish to bring back to the original finish.
Thanks Bruce :) Do you have photos of the Zero now after 2000 miles ? And do you have video of the sound please? Many thanks

41 - 60 of 1207 Posts