MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1207 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Surely as you are using your F3 as a Club Racer - looks are secondary and you are looking for the biggest bang for your horsepower buck?

That changes the equation but at the same simplifies it providing that there are some reliable performance figures out there?

For me it's only about looks, much easier in a way. :)

Hope it's all going well for you. :yo:
I very much agree my friend.
I am not racing, I am doing this for pleasure. I get pleasure from a moderate back road run and the aesthetic pleasure.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Choice is always good, but the Termi system is all too predictable design-wise and covers part of the rear wheel. Not my cup of joe.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I agree rz. So far I see the Zero triple setup as the only one I would currently go with on my street F3. But there are some nice power gains to be had from the other systems that the Zero does not provide if you are tracking or racing the F3.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I also like the HP Corse hydroformed system, with its tapering muffler design, though its a single exit only.
I have to agree on that one, it's by far the best looking of the single exit options, still haven't seen a price on it yet. I'm thinking of de-catting the standard headers and using the MV Corse race ECU. More of a budget option, plus I just picked up a carbon heel guard and muffler heat shield off fleabay.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have to agree on that one, it's by far the best looking of the single exit options, still haven't seen a price on it yet. I'm thinking of de-catting the standard headers and using the MV Corse race ECU. More of a budget option, plus I just picked up a carbon heel guard and muffler heat shield off fleabay.
I saw $1800 for the full system or $990 for the muffler and link pipe only.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
EH? They claim 12 HP gain and 5 NM more torque? Sounds too high to be true.
Their dyno is also 5hp higher for the stock bike than my reading. I would suggest they have not used much of a correction factor at all.

Also a dyno reading isn't a dyno reading isn't a dyno reading. They are incomparable from dyno to dyno unless all variables are the same (which is almost impossible).

You might get a better idea of what happens if you look at the curves in my thread. In the on the track session.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Cherche, i quite like the slash cut system for the new Brutale's, it holds to the original design but shorter of which someone has recently done their own version on here.

James

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well, this design is less than expected from a reputable company. It doesn't obscure the rear wheel, but it doesn't have the design flair of the HP Corse system nor the OEM exhaust. I'll pass.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, this design is less than expected from a reputable company. It doesn't obscure the rear wheel, but it doesn't have the design flair of the HP Corse system nor the OEM exhaust. I'll pass.
It does, however, make one of the best sounds I've ever heard.:mouthwate

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd reserve judgement on the sound. The TT machine was certainly a full-race version, so it is bound to make more power and a better sound than a stocker. Nice to know it sounds good, though.

21 - 40 of 1207 Posts