MV Agusta Forum banner

341 - 360 of 1207 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
they are not the same.. the hydrofrom is just a very very expensive steelcan (700€)...... with a very loud sound and feels like -10HP..... the sc is much bigger and mounted higher and much better... the hp is soo bad it cant be mounted properly it always shakes and blows off no matter how you mount it. just a very expensive peace of XXXXX (but looks awesome) the sc project(400€) doesnt look so cool but i bet its stiffer and not so noisy like the hp! and i could bet it doesnt change the power so much!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I always thought that the triple pipe set up is pretty iconic and the only way to go but do you know what, i'm kinda liking that SC one, even more so than the open stubby race one they also do. I like the fact they've also had the sense to bolt it to the pillion peg too. I've seen one by Austin Racing which is just as long but is bolted to the riders foot peg and it looks like it moves around a lot on the clip I saw, I can't see the seals/welds holding up on that?
I still think the best i've seen is the FM one keeping the triple look but €1400! and I know two who have sold them within weeks of buying them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
they are not the same.. the hydrofrom is just a very very expensive steelcan (700€)...... with a very loud sound and feels like -10HP..... the sc is much bigger and mounted higher and much better... the hp is soo bad it cant be mounted properly it always shakes and blows off no matter how you mount it. just a very expensive peace of XXXXX (but looks awesome) the sc project(400€) doesnt look so cool but i bet its stiffer and not so noisy like the hp! and i could bet it doesnt change the power so much!
Interesting comments, I got a hp corse hydroform for my F3 800 because it was the best looking single slip on and I wanted a better exhaust note without going deaf or getting an noise ticket.

Regarding the power I haven't had a chance to fully open my bike up yet (only 800 Kms) but I haven't noticed a major drop, the other bad point of the HP Corse is it's ridiculously loud with no insert and I
suspect you would be well over 100dB. I'm using the "race" insert and it's not to bad.
The quality of the can is good but the supplied straight mounting bracket is poorly thought out, somewhere on the forum is a pic of their prototype which had a triangular bracket connected to the back of
the rearset mounts which I'll get round to fabricating a copy for myself.

Has anyone dyno tested this system back to back with the stock muffler?

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
New Silmotor exhaust:

For me looks like a Fresco exhaust......

New hp corse:

Found these pics on flickr.

Jochen

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Agreed on the fresco comparison, like the look of the HP one?

·
Registered
628 Posts
There is one in the thread of the EICMA pics:

May be somewhat overdone.....
Need to see more pics.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Lots of fabulous options.., hard to decide.
The 3 pipe look I'd never deviate from...,as it is iconic and I'd always want to retain that look.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
The HP Corse looks nice, but will be a serious boot melter if you wear boots with plastic parts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
HP Corse looks very nice, but once owned a hp and never gonna buy one again!

·
Registered
128 Posts
i had the hydroform on my b3 and it ate a ton of power. And the mounting is very very poor, had some emails with hp corse and they told me they are working on a new mounting bracket... never heard from them again. then the hydroform was way too loud for german roads with the street legal db eater so i emailed them to ask if i could get a killer with less holes, they just wont understand my problem..... i sold it 2 weeks ago and ordered the sc project lets see how it works...

btw for the price the hp corse is defenetly made too bad (only stainless steal no titian no carbon and still 740€ only for the muffler) just a very expensive tin can!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The HP Corse looks nice, but will be a serious boot melter if you wear boots with plastic parts.
That's the first thing the wife said when I showed it to her. I thought the same too, as we have some experience in the "melted boot" department. :jsm:
I think it's looks suit the Dragster the best. I don't see it on an F3.
(I'd like it far better if all three pipes were the same size and shape with only their length varying.)
Also, I can't help but think that the designer was raised on Dr. Seuss. It has that Zimbaphone look about it.

:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Finally decided to gut my stock exhaust. Maybe you're interested in how it's looks like inside the huge box. Haven't got any chance to install it back to my bike yet, let's see how it sounds like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ah, sooo... it's your basic straight through exhaust, less what ever sound deadening the cat might do.
Or, am I missing something?

341 - 360 of 1207 Posts