MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys I need some help:

Currently rebuilding the engine of my 2007 F4 1000R having the heads ported, all blue printed, slipper clutch etc.

My question is about the exhaust I currently have a standard item with the arrow decat pipe:

1: Is the standard exhaust stainless or titanium?
2: I want to keep the 4 pipe look as I think it looks the best - what are my options and which is best and why?
3: Are RG3 exhausts just hte silencer or the whole exhaust and is it Stainless or titanium?
4: Air Box and funnels - the aftermarket carbon airboxs and air tubes do they allow more air into the engine? or is it just for weight? Does anyone know which ones are the best for airflow?

Cheers - Once shes built and back I'll post some pictures up

Marc

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Got your PM Marc, I'll respond here with some short answers, others might add some more.

Okay guys I need some help:

Currently rebuilding the engine of my 2007 F4 1000R having the heads ported, all blue printed, slipper clutch etc.

My question is about the exhaust I currently have a standard item with the arrow decat pipe:

1: Is the standard exhaust stainless or titanium?
Inox headers and midpipe, stainless silencer I believe, and ally tips, no Ti on the standard pipes/bikes

2: I want to keep the 4 pipe look as I think it looks the best - what are my options and which is best and why?
1.Best for looks - MotoCorse Ti - they look the best, weigh much less, sound great, not sure on their performance improvement, I imagine there would be some, most costly.
2. Bodis Ti, looks great, sound great, weight nothing, much improved performance.
3. Silmotor, cheapest, looks okay, improved performance, weigh less than standard but because of Stainless construction, not so light.

3: Are RG3 exhausts just hte silencer or the whole exhaust and is it Stainless or titanium?
Just the silencer, Stainless

4: Air Box and funnels - the aftermarket carbon airboxs and air tubes do they allow more air into the engine? or is it just for weight? Does anyone know which ones are the best for airflow?
1. No performance improvement from carbon airbox.
2. Only improved performance from carbon tubes if you get the race version, I think only Design Corse has them. The regular carbon tubes does nothing for performance.

Cheers - Once she's built and back I'll post some pictures up

Marc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts