MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I know that much has been written on this, but i am still confused in this matter, especially after yesterday, when i spoke directly to Emoto UK
http://www.emotouk.com
At this point i had finally made a decision and wanted to order Sil Motors midpipe:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/brutale/silmotor.htm
but they more or less warned me(!) for Sil Motors exhaust mid pipe and said they will stop selling it due to quality problems.

They also, more or less, said the same thing about Arrow:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/brutale/arrow.htm

The only Midpipe they did recommend is this German made, they said it is the only one with good enough welding quality etc:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/brutale/linkpipes.htm

Does anyone have experiences of any of these alternatives, or of all of them?
Or perhaps another choise? (..except for the stock "all-the-way-from-the-cylinders-very-expensive" version)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't know why people says Arrows are bad quality...I have them fitted and I'm happy with them. To be honest, I would´t difference the quality from the original collectors to the arrows midpipe (if they where there originally).
To much purism I think :wtf:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FERROMAN
You have Arrow Silencers as well? I want to keep the originals, and only bypass the mid....silencer thing!
One more thing i forgot to mention: About the Sil Motor alternative, they said there had been leekage problems (i understood it as it came from fitting-to-the-original-system problems)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi there the_thomas...yes I've got the "silencers" :drummer: as well. But I you want my advise, do what your thinking of (keep the originals) Maybe I went to fast when I order them. The original ones look much better (they look "Brutale"). Another thing is the sound...arrows ones are simply music to my ears but I would change that extra sound for the extra look...don´t know if you would as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FERROMAN said:
...Another thing is the sound...arrows ones are simply music to my ears but I would change that extra sound for the extra look...don´t know if you would as well.

Hehe
Well this is a terrible hard one:) Trade sound for looks?, or the other way around.. :eek: I will mount a new midpipe and to begin with, keep the originals.
Cheers!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi I bought the still moto link pipe (good price £250.00) This was a pig to fit no outlet to set the co.2 ,this leaked from the joint no spring retaining clip spoke to E moto they said they have sold loads with no problem (dont need spring retaining clip as it is held at the back and the front.
Have orderded new German link pipe from E Moto so i can have co.2 set up and hopfully no leaks .hoping for an exchange from emoto (boss to make desision quote Geoff) I would like to say this is not slagging them i have spent over £1500.00 with them and are satisfied with their stuff ,you only question this when you here that other people are having the same problems as me this is my 3 reply hope i am not bitching too much

·
Registered
77 Posts
I still have the stock exhaust on my 750 Brutale, and was hoping to descide what to go for soon. But it seems I'm not able to make up my mind. NEED HELP!
I'm not planning to put in the PowerCommander, because it seems that it's very important to have a really good company to do the tuning/maping on this, and at my location, this will not be easy I think.
So I'm leaning towards the MV SP Ti headers with new Eprom included (keeping my inox stock silencers), but the price is stiff offcause.
Another option is to go for just the midpipe (German made model witout new Eprom from Emoto, or the MotoCorse midpipe in Ti with Eprom included, also from Emoto).
Not sure about the complete Ti system from MotoCorse (the one that looks like the stock one) - it seems not to come with a new Eprom.
So with prices from £350 up to apprx. £1700 - I'm not sure what I will get.
What I'm looking for is some more sound, as well as some HP/tourque, but if the engine will have trouble with smooth running (on lower RPM someone stated earlier - I'm aware that the fun is higher up), and the fuel issue will be even worse, I don't know what to do.
Is it, or isn't it a must with a new chip/Eprom, when getting rid of the catalyst?
Some of you have replied to me earlier, and I thank you, but I need some more info before making up my mind. :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
no problem also going for the twin arrow pipes bmc filter power comander and rolling road set up ,but will be doing it in stages Emoto have promised me the pipe will be here Monday fingers crossed so will fit it and try it out will be in touch

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Remi..

.. glad to know (well take it the right way) that i am not the only one with this dilemma. Lets keep posted on what we do with the bikes and the results of it! By the way: how alone are you in Norway with your Brutale? I feel really unike with the bike here in Gothenborg/Sweden.. in a GOOD way - not a day passes without serious attention, or great comments! :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi there the thomas, eller tjena. I believe I was the first one in Norway with my Brutale (bought it from Denmark in 2004) 'cause there where no ones at the market in Norway. There was some F4's here then, and this last year, there has been some more MV's on the road. Maybe 5-6 Brutales in total. So, we still have a spescial bike in our hands, for sure! If I can afford it, I think I'm going for the MV SP Ti headers with new eprom (keeping my silencers), and if I cannot afford it, I have to go for the German midpipe from Emoto (no chip). Do you know if there is some place in Sweeden where they could really do a god job with the Dyno/PowerCommander? I wasn't thinking of getting one, but it seems maybe to be the right thing to do...? Have a nice summer at the west coast.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Remi
We have two sellers who both do service, Biscaya Racing in Alingsås, and Supermotors in Växjö. I dont know which one is best for this kind of work, but will find out. Biscaya are the top service place for Ducati in Sweden so i believe that they now that they are retailer for MV also, will at least BECOME very good service partners. Will keep you posted!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remi said:
I have to go for the German midpipe from Emoto (no chip). Do you know if there is some place in Sweeden where they could really do a god job with the Dyno/PowerCommander?

Remi: I bought the German mid Pipe and today i had it installed, and boy did this make a big difference to my bike!!
I spent 350 km on it today out of pur joy, but also because i had to get to know it again - wheelies arent the same anymore -it goes straight up very agressivly in a totally new way. but in kind of a good way!.. :naughty:

I now reach 240 really fast, about as fast as i before reached 230. Havent been to 250 today, but as the bike feels, i believe the limitation is me, not the bike!

Love the new beast..

(cant yet tell for sure about which dealer in Swecen is the best!)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed the Arrow midpipe in the spring, and also love the higher and better sound. I fittet a chip to it too, so it uses less fuel now. Very satisfied with the solution, but for it to be perfect I considering a Powercommander.. It runs better than before also, faster wheelies :D

Btw the_thomas; I`m another loonely Norwegian with a Brutale :eek:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go Norway Go

Hi Brutale!
Glad to hear that there are more of you brutales up in Norway! You shouldn't have the embarrised smiley for being totally unike :D except for Remi then - have you met him?
Dont forget to stop by in Gothenborg if you ever come across the area - a lunch is on me!

Btw, Saw a LOT of carbon in your gallery, nice bike you got there!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven`t met Remi yet, maybe this summer when I`m driving down to Oslo.
I will remember the lunch offer, the same goes for you if you should come near my place :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
The-Thomas another forum...

Hi there again Sweeden. Both us Norwegians (further back on this tread) are in the Norwegian Bike.no (I believe you have the same in Sweeden - ***.se) - if you are on that net, maybe you can log on to the ***.no as well. On holliday at the moment, but will try to put in some photos of my Pamela (so she's baptised!). Have put on some carbon, Rizoma grips, and will work on the lisence/backpart area some day now. Have a nice summer!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brutale said:
I haven`t met Remi yet, maybe this summer when I`m driving down to Oslo.
I will remember the lunch offer, the same goes for you if you should come near my place :D
Thanks brutale! Where in Norway is this?

Remi said:
Hi there again Sweeden. Both us Norwegians (further back on this tread) are in the Norwegian Bike.no (I believe you have the same in Sweeden - ***.se) - if you are on that net, maybe you can log on to the ***.no as well. On holliday at the moment, but will try to put in some photos of my Pamela (so she's baptised!). Have put on some carbon, Rizoma grips, and will work on the lisence/backpart area some day now. Have a nice summer!
Cool, looking forward to see that carbon/rizoma/tail creation! Sounds very much like the things i like to do to mine! Btw we spoke about Power Commanders and such, I had the bike at its 6000 km service at Biscaya motors last week, and spoke to them about a power commander they do that a lot on Ducs but have only done one MV yet, will probably wait until my next service
The the lunch offer of course goes for you too - would be great to meet some of the even more upnorth than me mv drivers!
:guitarist

1 - 20 of 21 Posts