MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Traveled down to Houston this weekend and had the exhaust replaced. Cost me $260 for the swap, which was a mild surprise, as I believed that they were gratis... Oh well, that is no tragedy. I like the sound of them, although the original was fine – just a bit louder now. Also, it appears that the off idle response is less abrupt following the fitting and tune. I had not heard this from others with the upgrade and I am not sure just how significant the change is....

In any case, it is good to be done with the waiting and wondering. Hope all others that are expecting get it them shortly.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Greg,
Let me clean the bike up first... Agree that installation charges are to be expected - just misled by the salesman when I purchased the bike...

During the ride home, the right airbox vent came loose and flipped back. Lucky I did not lose it completely. Called the shop and they said that they would send replacement fastners and that they did not remove it for the service. I don't know how the two screws came out but I am glad that I noticed... I was accelerating to get past a bunch of traffic and felt the vent hit my right knee... I had to hold it in lace most of the 50 miles remaining :-(

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SteveC said:
Hey Greg,
Let me clean the bike up first... Agree that installation charges are to be expected - just misled by the salesman when I purchased the bike...

During the ride home, the right airbox vent came loose and flipped back. Lucky I did not lose it completely. Called the shop and they said that they would send replacement fastners and that they did not remove it for the service. I don't know how the two screws came out but I am glad that I noticed... I was accelerating to get past a bunch of traffic and felt the vent hit my right knee... I had to hold it in lace most of the 50 miles remaining :-(

that's a weird story
but...
worse with my BRAND NEW BMW K1200GT.....
brake master cylinder leak
3 panels ALREADY damaged by the fluid leak
germany WAY BEHIND in production of the very hot bike
no one knows WHEN i'll get the bits and pieces to make it right
so....
it sits at the dealer for AT LEAST 2 WEEKS
how horrible

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wouldn't be that patient can't you do a simple, temp. fix and get it back on the road, it might be in the shop for months.

Bad luck either which way!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
gazman said:
I wouldn't be that patient can't you do a simple, temp. fix and get it back on the road, it might be in the shop for months.

Bad luck either which way!
they say, "NO," but, i thought otherwise
maybe i'll just go ask for a loaner bike

hmmmmmm
no long trips planned in the next 3 weeks
1 of my 3 partners will (hopefully) be having a baby tomorrow...
so, i'll be busier than usual at work for the next month
"good timing," i guess
but....
it still makes me more than a bit upset

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
114 Posts
Steve C, could you check (2) dimensions for me?

I bought a "Brutale complete inox open manifolds with Eprom" as shown on the MVagusta.com eshop. This was rolled into the purchase of my 910. My new exhaust system was installed at first service and looks identical to yours except my head pipes taper from the the cylinder head machined exhaust port boss to the first weld, just down from the 90 degree bend. My pipes measure 1.37 inches/approx 37mm right next to the machined flange/boss that is finger clamped to the exhaust port, and taper out to 1.49 inches/approx 38mm. right before the weld you see after the 90 degree bend to miss the radiator. The rest of the head pipe is 1.5 inches/38mmm to the first collector just like I believe yours is. The reson I am concerned is the dealer my has inadvertantly sold me a 750 Brutale factory system instead of a 910 Brutale factory system. I do not know if the ehaust ports in the head are the same for a 750 & 910 Brutale. I my have a step condition at the exhaust port. Thanks Edgar

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
SteveC said:
I like diversity, okay?
I hear ya
just wondering how you got that to happen
I thought you could only have MPH and Fahrenheit
but I guess you can set them individually on the display?
been awhile since I've looked at the manual :banghead:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Darkside said:
I hear ya
just wondering how you got that to happen
I thought you could only have MPH and Fahrenheit
but I guess you can set them individually on the display?
been awhile since I've looked at the manual :banghead:
Yep. I do wish that we would bite the bullet and go metric. Wouldn't that be better for all in the long run?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pigiolino said:
very gooood!!!!
See mine:
Cool, but you have different cans on yours... They look like the originals? I am not sure I will like the increased noise over the long term, but I do think that the power is smoother...

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SteveC said:
Yep. I do wish that we would bite the bullet and go metric. Wouldn't that be better for all in the long run?
i can still remember being in 4th grade....
Mr. Sardone's class
Hill and Plain Elementary School
New Milford, CT
1971-72
he PROMISED us that the METRIC SYSTEM would be in the US FULL TIME in 2 years

hmmmm the novelty of a "base-10" system of measurement
how amazingly easy that would have been to learn

but... lazy and ETHNOCENTRIC Americans just couldn't embrace anything from "across the pond."

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
SteveC said:
And then what about tyres? 190/55x17...........190 wide(mm)55% as high as the width, 17 INCHES diameter! on a 6inch rim.................... with metric wheel bearings :confused:

Mind you in Ireland the last time I was there they had mph speed limits, and the distances on the road signs were in kmh..............

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mikef4uk said:
And then what about tyres? 190/55x17...........190 wide(mm)55% as high as the width, 17 INCHES diameter! on a 6inch rim.................... with metric wheel bearings :confused:

Mind you in Ireland the last time I was there they had mph speed limits, and the distances on the road signs were in kmh..............
Humans suck!:banghead:

BTW, I uploaded a low-res video of the new exhaust so folks can hear them. Does not appear that Alvin approved, though. ;) I am ashamed to admit it but they may be too loud for my taste, at least around town. I had not noticed till my ride to work this morning. Rode with ear plugs all weekend...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SteveC said:
I am ashamed to admit it but they may be too loud for my taste, at least around town. I had not noticed till my ride to work this morning. Rode with ear plugs all weekend...
hmmmm
that is interesting
i guess it brings up the question, "how loud is TOO loud?"

we certainly don't want MV owners to become adjunct members of the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" club.... now, DO we?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts