MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
Those are the headers and mid-pipe for the stock twin cans. The shorty uses a different mid-pipe.
Your 2008 is a Euro3 bike, so yo will also need ECU for correct fueling.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those are the headers and mid-pipe for the stock twin cans. The shorty uses a different mid-pipe.
Your 2008 is a Euro3 bike, so yo will also need ECU for correct fueling.
OK ! Now we're getting somewhere, ThankYou Ed.

Now, if i decide to add new Arrow twin cans, will the sound be better/different than stock?

Will i get any extra performance from Arrow Twin cans? As opposed to stock twins.

Is there a full set of pipes with the correct mid-pipe already attached so i can add a shorty? Or will i have to buy the mid-pipe, the headers and the Shorty (if i were to go that way) as 3 different items and if i do could some pls provide the links i need so there's no confusion.

How different is the sound between a shorty and the Arrow twins? Does anyone know?
(dont worry about the db killer info)

And yep, the ECU upgrade is something i do know about, cheers. Just doing the math, maybe an early b-day present :)

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
PC III doesn't work with Euro3 bikes, and it is a crude band-aid, anyway. Just piggy backs on the injectors and alters the signal duration.

Microtech has all the EFI parameters tunable, including ignition advane....a proper answer to the tuning problem.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Kieran, glad you started this thread. I am about to purchase a mid pipe and and EPROM for my euro 2 beasty. As far as I know, this is all I need to get rid of the cat. I am not looking at new pipes etc, I just wanna lose that cat to help the old girl breathe better....will be good to compare bits and maybe schedule that tinker we need!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Kieran, glad you started this thread. I am about to purchase a mid pipe and and EPROM for my euro 2 beasty. As far as I know, this is all I need to get rid of the cat. I am not looking at new pipes etc, I just wanna lose that cat to help the old girl breathe better....will be good to compare bits and maybe schedule that tinker we need!
I'm glad too, i've had alot of different opinions as to the best way to go about this so thanks heaps Ed for helping sort this out in plain english.

I know now exactly what i need, how much it's gonna cost and where to get it. You Beauty!

Ed IS the Man.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luke you might be able to help sqibbs out with his mis-purchase. Poor bloke, would be good if it works out for you both. :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Good thread. I've been trying to figure out the very same things. Decat, new ECU etc... although if I went ahead, I'd like to retain the twin slash pipes look. On another front, an Ohlins shock also looks tempting.

Spoke to Simon (Squibby) last night but what he has are the midpipes in a three-section exhaust line. My 910R, although complianced 2007, has a two section exhaust line, same as Simon's 910S. So it's probably a Euro3...Can anyone tell me how I can be sure?

SeaEagle, let's compare notes before ordering anything?
EvolutionBike are good to deal with. I bought a Brutale tank bag from them last month. Perhaps we could at least save on shipment costs seeingwe live around the corner from each other.
Cheers.
M

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
Euro3 910s have a 5SM ECU mounted behind the trottle bodies. Older models have the 16M ECU mounted on top of the air cleaner.

Other give-aways to Euro3 include 02 sensor in exhaust and second air system on cylinder head.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Euro3 910s have a 5SM ECU mounted behind the trottle bodies. Older models have the 16M ECU mounted on top of the air cleaner.

Other give-aways to Euro3 include 02 sensor in exhaust and second air system on cylinder head.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Good thread. I've been trying to figure out the very same things. Decat, new ECU etc... although if I went ahead, I'd like to retain the twin slash pipes look. On another front, an Ohlins shock also looks tempting.

Spoke to Simon (Squibby) last night but what he has are the midpipes in a three-section exhaust line. My 910R, although complianced 2007, has a two section exhaust line, same as Simon's 910S. So it's probably a Euro3...Can anyone tell me how I can be sure?

SeaEagle, let's compare notes before ordering anything?
EvolutionBike are good to deal with. I bought a Brutale tank bag from them last month. Perhaps we could at least save on shipment costs seeingwe live around the corner from each other.
Cheers.
M
Michel - if you are looking for a hot exhaust set up...Ehcor (Rob) is probably your guy. He has all the bangin gear on his 750 (full titanium etc) which looks completely stock - but is SO very unstock!! His is Japanese Ti - costs a bomb, but shite does it sound/go the goodies! It helps that Rob sticks to corners like poo to a 5 year old mohair also!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will definately be checking that out Rob, seems to be about the same price as the Corse full Ti set. Why go jap?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I took it on good advice that the Riding House system released more BHP when matched with a PCIII and Dyno-tune.

Proved to be right, got an additional 15 BHP from a 750s! :yo:

If you come along on the June 20 ride, take a look at it and you will see that is more free flowing than the MV Corse system.

CAUTION: It is very load - Ear Plugs are Mandatory!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I took it on good advice that the Riding House system released more BHP when matched with a PCIII and Dyno-tune.

If you come along on the June 20 ride, take a look at it and you will see that is more free flowing than the MV Corse system.

Hey Rob - I am not so sure about the loudness...I thought it sounded hot, and not too loud at all? Can see how you would need earplugs for longer trips...but riding beside the 750 was all music!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I'll be there and very keen to check it out. Looking around at everything at the moment. Leaning towards the Arrow stubby system and a microtec ecu.

Keen to see all the mods come the 20th, its gonna be a blast

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the performance difference would be on a 910S that has had the CAT and mid pipe removed, between the stock silencers and Arrow twins?

I now this'll sound like blasphemy here, but I'm thinking of going back to the stock cans as I find the Arrows just too damn loud. Around 2500 - 3000 rpm I feel like my head is gonna explode and that's with earplugs in too! Don't have the dB killers so I can't comment on that.

Any substantial performance hit just changing the cans out? Remember, the CAT and midpipe will remain off the bike.

Also, if I do it and I like it, I may have a set of Arrow carbon fiber twins for sale!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts