MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start a new thread,

I've had questionable luck over the years attempting to mannage header heat.
-Ive used a black & red coating (dont remember who's) on a formula car, would need to re-coat every few years, coatings would chip.

-also used wraps, looks like crap and prone to ugly fires if you get oils or fuel on them...long story :wtf:

-recently used a chrome like coating from (Jet Hot I think), on an 8 second drag car.

The jet hot stuff looks good and held up all season. I'm thinking this would be the one to use but wondering about looks. I would want to coat all 3 parts (header, mid pipe & mufflers). I'm running an Arrow carbon muffler, Havent looked but would think that I'd want to take the muffler appart or you would have different colors / surfaces which wouldnt look good.

Anyone done anything in this area?

-how much is the heat reduced? can you see it in engine temp and feel it at a stop light?

-do the coatings hold up?

-Do it look good? Please send pictures...

Homer

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
After a long debate i went with the Jet-Hot and first let me say it is great stuff. it holds up extremely well, looks great (i got the black coating) and definatly helps with the heat. i only have my mid-pipe done b/c i didnt want to take my headers off and when the bike is running i can get my hand a lot closer to the mid-pipe than the headers. I was planning on getting my sil pipes done as well but b/c of the construction of them it was impossible. Jet-hot said they would not take apart my exhaust and only do the pipes b/c they didnt want to be responsible if they screwed up the cans. with the sils the cans are welded directly to the down-pipes and would have had to have been cut and re-welded. so, depending on how your exhaust is put together they might be able to coat it. i know i have seen some pictures of people getting their stock pipes coated, but i think that is after drilling out the rivets. i would highly recommend the coating and if you decide to get the jet-hot, i think i still have like a 10% discount card that i could send your way. Hope this helps.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
i will get you a picture tonight of what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I also have my headers and mid coated on my F4. Substantial difference to my fairing health and anecdotal feeling is coolant temps improved as well.

I preferred the MVSP/Corse stainless headers coated to Ti which shouldn't be coated. I have the MVSP/Corse Ti exhaust.

These things matter in the Texas heat and I am quite happy with the coatings! I'm not sure exactly but at least 15,000miles with no signs of trouble so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Henry,

I'm leaning that way, also thinking the silver will match the wheels. Love the new avitar...much improves over the thug with ears!

Homer

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have a buddy on the R6 board that does coatings, from powdercoating to jetcoating. He has EXCELLENT turn-around time and quality and feedback. LMK if you guys want some stuff done and i can hook you up with him. I can probably get you better pricing as well!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Henry,

toooo funny! where do you find this stuff? second thought I don't want to know, keep it comming :laughing:

Homer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts