MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear MV rides,

I do own the Brutale 800 RR 2022 version since March.
The exhaust design looks stunning and in my opinion one of the most good looking exhaust on the market (stock)
Either way i'm missing the deep, brutal and 'loud' exhaust sound on this motorcycle. On which i'm looking for an other exhaust.

I do want to to stick with the 3 pipes design but don't like many of them, for example 'fresco, QD,...'

I do like the SC Project but some of us do confirm its a bit TOO loud.. :D

Are there any owners of an other exhaust for the brutale?
Which one do you own?
Which one would you preferly choose if you may choose one...

Ride safe..!

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
215 Posts
Dear MV rides,

The exhaust design looks stunning and in my opinion one of the most good looking exhaust on the market (stock)
Either way i'm missing the deep, brutal and 'loud' exhaust sound on this motorcycle. On which i'm looking for an other exhaust.

I do want to to stick with the 3 pipes design but don't like many of them, for example 'fresco, QD,...'

Which one do you own?

Ride safe..!
Get the Titanium one made by fresco for Mv official...
Buy it from Evolutionbike...NOT the blue one...:cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dear MV rides,

Which one do you own?

Ride safe..!
have you seen silmotor 3 pipes exhaust ?
And there is the Fm Project 3 pipes too
Automotive tire Automotive design Tread Rim Material property

·
Registered
Brutale 800 RC
4 Posts
Get The fresco. It stays within limit but adds a lot of sound in low frequency.
at the RR, it ends up at around 101 dB. You can Also get it in completely black if you ask.
i got it this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apologies if I’m hijacking the thread - happy to start new thread if reqd but whilst we’re talking exhausts for Brutales…..

I’ve just bought a secondhand Brutale RR with the SC pipe and can confirm that it is pretty loud for everyday use.

Has anyone fitted a dB Killer to the SC system?

Otherwise, I might have to go back to std exhaust which looks great but is a bit heavy.

And I assume I’d need to remap if I revert to the std pipe?

Cheers

Pike

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
Drill out the pop rivets and open it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys. Yes, I’m inclined to open it up and see if something can be done. It’s too beautiful to chuck it away but God it’s noisy.
I’ll do a bit of Googling / phoning around and report back.
Meanwhile, for the OP, I can confirm that the SC is very LOUD 🙉

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
Those pop rivets are there to allow re-packing when needed. The packing material does wear out increasing noise but also changing flow. Motocross bikes with worn packing start to run lean and have a lot of pops and bangs. Repacking kits are avaiable.....so don't be afraid to take the end cap off and devise a dB killer to insert at the exit behind that screen.

·
Super Moderator
25,951 Posts
Here's an idea of what is inside:
Automotive exhaust Cylinder Gas Bicycle part Auto part

The packing has been thrown away, but it wraps around the tube with the holes. This is the system on a 2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs that I shortened for a custom build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for those pics. There seem to be SC exhausts which can take db killers so I’ll try and find a uk supplier and have a chat about my options….. before I attack it with an angle grinder 😀

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts

·
Registered
MV Agusta Dragster RC SCS MY21
3 Posts
Thanks guys. Yes, I’m inclined to open it up and see if something can be done. It’s too beautiful to chuck it away but God it’s noisy.
I’ll do a bit of Googling / phoning around and report back.
Meanwhile, for the OP, I can confirm that the SC is very LOUD 🙉
Hi, be careful.
I asked SC Project support if the DB killer for S1 mufflers can be used on this one. Here is the answer:
Thanks for your message, unfortunately, this version of S1 silencer is full racing and not suitable for any kind of db-killer. Structure is too light, there is risk to burn the muffler.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for that info. Yes, I just asked the UK importers and got the same reply (although they didn’t mention the strength of the structure. That makes sense.)

Looks like I’ll have to buy some ear plugs…and some more for my neighbours 🙉🙉🙉🙉

Thanks again for all the replies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear MV rides,

Which one do you own?

Ride safe..!
I have the QD pipes on a 2015 Brutale 800RR. I absolutely love them. They will give you the deep throaty sound that you may be looking for. Deeper but not really louder. I regularly get people who ride behind me saying that it sounds fantastic. “It sounds angry when it’s standing still” was my favourite recent comment! It’s loud but not offensive. Each baffle is easily removed but it was too loud with one out.
It also looks better than the stock as it does away with the big ugly collector box under the bike. The triple chrome pipes polish up nicely and easily too so still looking like new. The QD logo is a transfer that fades and wears off over time. Very easy to fit.
Bear in mind that these comments relate to a 2015 Brutale and pipes I purchased several years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts