MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put pipes on my 2011 F4 but I'm looking for members advice. My main concerns are dropping some weight and obviously looks. The systems I am looking at are the RG4, Bodis and motocorse system.
I think the motocorse look the best but how do they perform and how much weight do you save? I've always loved that pipe organ look since I first seen an MV but the square pipes are growing on me. Does anyone recommend the RG4? I've heard they aren't much lighter than stock. The Bodis offer the round look and I've read good things about them on the forum but I am a bit concerned about how loud they might be. They do seem to give best bang for the buck from what I can tell.
Also is there much weight saving from any of these systems as a slip-on or is it all in the headers? I'm not necessarily craving the best HP numbers but for what I have to spend I would like a decent improvement.
If I did go the slip-on route do I need an ecu or some sort of fuel remapping device?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The Bodis will be the lightest as they are essentially just welded pipes with minimal noise restrictions.

The Bodis will be the LOUDEST thou.

the best looking one will be the Motocorse system but you do pay for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you save much weight from the slip-on? Does the slip-on have removable baffles and if so how loud are they with the baffles in?

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
The Bodis for the 2011 model,have removeable baffles so you can have them as loud or quiet as you feel comfortable with by packing the baffles .They are very well made,look good and alot lighter than original/RG4 systems.But you need the race ECU.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Bodis for the 2011 model,have removeable baffles so you can have them as loud or quiet as you feel comfortable with by packing the baffles .They are very well made,look good and alot lighter than original/RG4 systems.But you need the race ECU.
Are you referring to both the slip-on and full systems being lighter and needing the race ecu or full system only?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anybody have any experience with running the RG4 header and ecu with a Bodis exhaust? I am wondering if the ecu would need to be reprogrammed for the Bodis and if so how difficult is it? If I had to take it to a tuner to reprogram, would finding someone who can reprogram that ecu be difficult?

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
The bike will run rich after fitting the Bodis,thats why you need the race ECU,its adjustable,so your dealer can set the CO%.Easy with the right scan tool.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I shouldn't have any issue with the header and the ecu that comes with it along with the Bodis if I take it to the dealer?

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
I could be wrong with your model bike,but the standard ECU is not adjustable,thats why you need the race ECU,when fitting the Bodis slippons or full system because they are open pipes with much less back pressure.My bike is an earlier model 2009 1078.When I fitted the Bodis full system,I already had the race ECU and the bike ran shithouse (over fuelling),but then I had the Co level adjusted and it ran excellent again.Just letting you know my experiance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could be wrong with your model bike,but the standard ECU is not adjustable,thats why you need the race ECU,when fitting the Bodis slippons or full system because they are open pipes with much less back pressure.My bike is an earlier model 2009 1078.When I fitted the Bodis full system,I already had the race ECU and the bike ran shithouse (over fuelling),but then I had the Co level adjusted and it ran excellent again.Just letting you know my experiance.
Thanks for the input. It is appreciated. The ecu is the part that concerns me most. Before I purchase I need to know if it is adjustable by the dealer or anyone with a dyno and sniffer for that matter.
For some reason I have it in my head that there are 2 different ecu available from MV. one preprogrammed for the RG4 exhaust for whatever config you order and a more expensive fully programmable unit. I thought I saw two drastically different prices on the ecu somewhere. If anyone can verify one way or the other that would be great.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are correct, there's the ecu that comes with the inox header that MV has mapped for the header and then there's another more expensive race ecu from MV that is fully programmable, I have been told the stock ecu can be modded via Rexxer. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39519&highlight=rexxer
Sounds like the ecu that comes with the Inox header is nothing more than a factory re-flashed stock ecu. I've been doing some looking around and it seems that I might not even need an ecu re-flashed for the Bodis slip-on; only for a full system. Can anyone here confirm that?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sounds like the ecu that comes with the Inox header is nothing more than a factory re-flashed stock ecu. I've been doing some looking around and it seems that I might not even need an ecu re-flashed for the Bodis slip-on; only for a full system. Can anyone here confirm that?
You only need ECU for FULL system Bodis.
I'have only Bodis slip-on and I don't need an ECU .
Bike works fine 100%.
Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure the Race ECU can be tuned by most mere mortals. . . I'm sure the 7BM can probably be unlocked and flashed again, but its not a trivial task that can be done easily is my guess.

You /should/ have a tuned ECU for the engine/exhaust/etc combo that you have. That being said, if you just had slip-on's, whatever exhaust that you have /should/ work. The Race ECU is probably more tuned for the fact that the mid-pipe is decat than the actual slip-ons.

So, ideally you would have it tuned for the air filter, exhaust, mid-pipe/headers that you have, but if not - then standard ECU for just slip-ons, and race ecu for a decat exhaust systems.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You are correct, there's the ecu that comes with the inox header that MV has mapped for the header and then there's another more expensive race ecu from MV that is fully programmable, I have been told the stock ecu can be modded via Rexxer. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39519&highlight=rexxer
I'm not sure the Race ECU can be tuned by most mere mortals. . . I'm sure the 7BM can probably be unlocked and flashed again, but its not a trivial task that can be done easily is my guess.

You /should/ have a tuned ECU for the engine/exhaust/etc combo that you have. That being said, if you just had slip-on's, whatever exhaust that you have /should/ work. The Race ECU is probably more tuned for the fact that the mid-pipe is decat than the actual slip-ons.

So, ideally you would have it tuned for the air filter, exhaust, mid-pipe/headers that you have, but if not - then standard ECU for just slip-ons, and race ecu for a decat exhaust systems.
Do not get your ECU's confused boys.:thewife:

In short there is the standard ECU.

Then there is the, loosely termed, Race ECU, which is really a factory adjusted/mapped ECU to go with your pipes etc. And is still not adjustable by mere mortals Mitch.

And then, there is a another ECU, basically a Microtec with a good degree of adjustability, but not all the features of the full Microtec purchased elsewhere - I am not sure if this is available for the Y10 bikes.

Last but not the least, there is the Microtec.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts