MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the fuelling is much improved along with a useful gain in power with an exhaust swap and am Eprom chip.
Is that just the silencers or the whole exhaust that needs to be changed?
What makes of exhausts suitable for the 910R are available?

Also how can i tell if the cat has been removed on this bike, what does it look like?
Thanks.

If i can sort the clutch issues, i have decided not to sell as i like so much about the bike.
An exhaust swap sounds cool if it will improve the pretty poor fuelling, all the stalls etc.

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
The catalytic converter looks like a giant bread box under the bike. What year is your 910R? The last versions were Euro2 and the headers are one-piece with the catalyzer. Prior versions had separate header pipes and all you need is the link pipe to eliminate the cat.
Pretty much any Brutale 4 cylinder exhaust system will work. Several threads on this subject. A little search will provide reading.
If you have a pre Euro2 bike (2007 in your country, 2008 here in the states) you will have the 1.6M ECU with a replaceable eprom. Merc07 (Adam) lives in the UK and is the 1.6M eprom guru. Contact him for a chip that will transform your bike...with or without exhaust system mods.
If you have the later bikes you have a 5SM ECU. You will need to seek out a Microtec replacement for best results, unless you find someone who can reflash the original unit. Seek out Chris at X-Bikes (in your lovely country). Pricey but worth it.

SO....what year is your Brutale? (hint...look at 8th character in VIN...that's the year model regardless of registration or sale date)

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
Here is a photo of my 2008 Euro2 model with original exhaust. The catalytic converter is circled in red. iyr 2006 has the 1.6M CU...reach out to Adam.

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
You have no catalytic converter. What do the silencers look like? Your bike came from MV with a "Kit" which was "track only" exhaust and chip for the ECU. I think maybe you have at least the header and mid-pipe from that kit installed.
Here are photos of my bike with the "kit" exhaust (which was NOT supplied with the 2008, but was with the 2006....which also had considerably higher MSRP). Note the logos on the silencers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
Those are the stock silencers (road legal) but you have no Catalytic converter. If you wanted more noise, just buy some slip on silencers.
And talk to Merc07 about a new eprom what ever you do.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Some of the earlier 910R came with a full "race" exhaust and a chip to suit. I guess someone has kept the standard silencers and put the rest of the headers etc on your bike. In my opinion this is the best setup unless you like it really loud. You get rid if the big ugly heavy cat/collector box and end up with a nice deep exhaust note that isn't so loud as to upset your neighbours. If you get the fueling right you will love the result, but it will need a suitable chip. Do you know for sure which ECU you have ? Check the radiator, do you have one or two fans ? One fan mean the 16M which takes chips , two fans mean the 5SM which is harder but not impossible to get remapped.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts