MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iam a 910R owner thats happy with the bike ( apart from mirrors,rear brake) but getting really pissed off with MV about the exhaust situation,just been told mid june for system to arrive,as was told mid may.Why does MV piss people about,had to wait ages for the bike yes worth the wait,but why all the lies and bollocks about the exhaust,this is putting me off any future visits to any MV dealer,has anyone any news,i feel like stuffing the bike back up the dealers ass and going to somewhere where aftersales mean something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree that my 910R is a great bike but I did factor in the exhaust system as part of the justification for the cost. No other bike company could get away with this kind of customer service. No wonder they are always in some sort of financial trouble! I doubt that I will buy another.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gladio said:
Relax, you have the bike. And it is a great bike. The dealer is at the mercy of MV and what they are told. Go for a ride and enjoy the bike...
agree with that
you better get used to waiting on parts/gadgets : its ITALIAN :smoking:
you will have your parts, stop wining and go ride the motherf****, thats where its made for (and it does a amazing job)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
slo-zone said:
I have put 1000 miles on mine , how about you? I have owned three Ducatis and have never had these kind of issues!
Did you Ducati come with an additional aftermarket exhaust?

MV has done this for a long time with special models, like the Senna, Ago. This is something new for the Brutale and obviously they made some miscalculation in availability. I would imagine that they had two options, one to hold delivery of the bikes, or two, deliver the bikes and then deliver the exhaust when it was available.

Let me ask you, what do you think is the hold up on the exhaust. Do you think MV is intentionally witholding them because they don't care? Do you think since MV doesn't build the exhaust themselves it might be some other problem with availability?

I can understand how you feel. I waited 5 months for my 910. I waited 5 months when I ordered a set of Marchesins. You feel like you're owed something, that you paid for it. I don't mean to trivialize that. I just want you to put it into perspective and maybe look at it from their point of view.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Cagiva USA "informal" response

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Cagiva, US.

Gladio is right!

MV made a decision to deliver 910R prior to manufacture of race exhaust, yet to be delivered.

Exhausts are in some stage of manufacture/shipping and that answer is unclear to whom I spoke.

BUT be assured that as soon as Cagiva US has the exhausts, they will be shipped to the dealers and delivered to 910R owners as promised.

It will be a matter of month(s???). Patience is recommended.

Peter

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
No other bike company could get away with this kind of customer service. No wonder they are always in some sort of financial trouble!
Perhaps it's because the finacial issue of MV that there is more waiting!

FYI, I have been waiting for my Senna since 12/05, and still expect to wait another 6 weeks more, at least.

My feeling is that If one wants to have a great meal at a famous but small family run Italian bistro, than it wouldn't be reasonable to expect to have the same speedy food delivery of the McDonald's.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
odonata said:
My feeling is that If one wants to have a great meal at a famous but small family run Italian bistro, than it wouldn't be reasonable to expect to have the same speedy food delivery of the McDonald's.
Well said

·
Registered
798 Posts
odonata said:
No disrespect. But if after they delivered my appetizer and main course they told me to come back in a month or two for the dessert I already paid for, I would be pissed. I think most of the frustration in this matter stems from the fact that MV has not stepped up and made any official announcement. All we have is hearsay. I am not a 910R owner, but I certainly understand their frustration with this situation.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My dealer told me there should be a shipment, including the Senna, at the end of June. I don't know if he's just saying that because he doesn't even know what's going to be included in that shipment. The 910R is a great bike even with the stock exhaust, but I want to get those race pipes ON! And I'm confident that these pipes will be delivered at some point. As I understand it, in 2007 the race pipes will not come with the 910R anymore so there must be a reason why MV is not able to get them fast enough. But if I don't ever get those race pipes, I WILL be pissed!

When Ducati was small, it took months to get any parts. I suspect this is the case with MV now and in the future as I don't expect MV to ever get to the size and have the dealer network that Ducati has.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
anucci said:
No disrespect. But if after they delivered my appetizer and main course they told me to come back in a month or two for the dessert I already paid for, I would be pissed. I think most of the frustration in this matter stems from the fact that MV has not stepped up and made any official announcement. All we have is hearsay. I am not a 910R owner, but I certainly understand their frustration with this situation.
well said, and I have feelings just like those you mentioned, like I said in the 1st response in this thread, I can understand why he feels that way... I guess when I ordered my Senna last Dec., I developed that coping mechanism for the long and difficult wait to receive a beauty like that, it has worked for me and I was hoping by mentioning it perhaps it would make his wait a bit easier :)

I really think we are pretty damn lucky to still be able to buy MVs, with all the instability of their financial situation(i.e.owner change, employee lay off), nobody seems to really know how secure MV's future really is, I wouldn't be surprised that the delay of the pipes had something to do with that. and what I have to deal with is the fact that all limited production bikes(SPR, AGO, TAMBURINI) has been issued with extra race pipes(RG3s) and the Senna is the 1st limited production model that doesn't... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Everyone is entitled to be frustrated or however they may feel about the situation, I am just saying that I understand that every company is different and since I am a sucker for MV's bikes, and I am GRATEFUL that a "old school" company like this still exists, I am willing to understand & tolerate the issues...but only to a certain extend :) , and that's just how I look at it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
odonata said:
Everyone is entitled to be frustrated or however they may feel about the situation, ... and I am GRATEFUL that a "old school" company like this still exists, I am willing to understand & tolerate the issues...but only to a certain extend :) , and that's just how I look at it.
No Ben, you are just mature and not an impatient trust fund baby... :cry: :cussing: :mad:

·
Registered
735 Posts
herrsonic said:
When Ducati was small, it took months to get any parts.
i dunno when when Ducati was "small", but l waited 4 months? for a DP CF hugger in '05. I'm still waiting for my ST4s's tail trunk and gel seat. These ain't mass produced Jap bikes and there are tradeoffs. Not that I'd ever wanna own a Japanese appliance bike to know the comforts of utter reliabilty and and half hour parts availibility. :bash: :shocker:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MV should give some answers about the exhaust to the dealers not just clam up thus is not good custermor relations.

·
Registered
798 Posts
heno42666 said:
MV should give some answers about the exhaust to the dealers not just clam up thus is not good custermor relations.
Absolutely correct. I don't think it is the wait that is pissing people off. It's not knowing what is going on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts