MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have the stock cans with the corse headers/mid-pipe, which (when tuned with my PC3) gave me a nice power boost and smoother throttle. Unfortunately they had to set it up very rich in the bottom to the point where it fouled the plugs and the bike would cut out all the time. We disconnected the PC3 and leaned it tout and now it runs fine but there's a lot of popping on deceleration and the power isn't what it used to be.

So this has me looking for a full system as that should give us more flexibility in tuning it plus some extra power to boot. I always said I wanted to keep the bike looking stock but the Arrow Thunder stubby exhaust is starting to grow on me. Has anyone compared it to the Moto Corse or MV Corse in terms of power and noise level?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Right now I have the stock cans with the corse headers/mid-pipe, which (when tuned with my PC3) gave me a nice power boost and smoother throttle. Unfortunately they had to set it up very rich in the bottom to the point where it fouled the plugs and the bike would cut out all the time. We disconnected the PC3 and leaned it tout and now it runs fine but there's a lot of popping on deceleration and the power isn't what it used to be.

So this has me looking for a full system as that should give us more flexibility in tuning it plus some extra power to boot. I always said I wanted to keep the bike looking stock but the Arrow Thunder stubby exhaust is starting to grow on me. Has anyone compared it to the Moto Corse or MV Corse in terms of power and noise level?
What Brutale 910s do you have? is it Euro 2 or Euro 3? if you don't know, then what year is it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should've been more specific. Mine is a 2006 based in the US so although it's California emissions certified it's not Euro 3 I believe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't have the stubby cans on mine, but from what I've heard firsthand, the Arrow stubby cans are pretty loud, and even louder with the baffles removed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I also have an 06 910S. I have the arrow thunder can on it with a powercommander and a custom map. I am the second owner and did not install the exhaust or the PC but I can tell you that it does run a little rich, most likely for the same reasons you have described. Power is good and the popping on decel is very limited although it does happen occasionally. I have expereinced some cut out, but not all the time - I just hit 10k on the odometer (I bought it last year at 2,300 miles) - replaced the plugs last weekend with stock plugs and it definitely runs smoother. So I guess I am saying that plug life with the arrow can is 7k give or take and gas mileage seems to be right around 30 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If you like the stock look, get a set of the off road slip ons. Same great looks, awesome sound. I know a guy who has a set.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
And how much does this 'guy' want for said slip ons?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You've got nothing to worry about probably, I just bought new tires so I'm spent out on bike fun for awhile. . . . maybe :)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I think $600 for the slipons in like new condition is a pretty good price. Yes, they will fit the corse headers and midpipe. Ed has this system on his bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well in that case I shouldn't be here either - I have twin boys turning 1 year old on Tuesday and I literally pay more for their nanny each month than the mortgage on my house. I should not be buying toys for myself either, but dad has to live too! I can eat carbon fiber, right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
reckon I'll pass for now, all you falkdal.

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
Here ya go... similar look to stock, but with nicer logos and runs muuuuch better (with kit ECU or PCIII for older bikes), and not excessively loud IMHO....

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the MV Corse slip-ons installed last night, bike sounded amazing on the way to work today. Deeper and more robust sounding without being actually a lot louder, just sounds uncorked if you will. Looks nicer to but retains a complete stock look - love it! I also got the kit EPROM but that's a bit of an ordeal to install so I'm going to save that for when we reconnect the PC3 and map it all together. Thanks Carl!

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you like the stock look, get a set of the off road slip ons. Same great looks, awesome sound. I know a guy who has a set.
can you fit the TI slip ons to the stock header and SS midpipe? What is the weight savings? Do I need to change the ECU on an 910s?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes, you can.

If I remember correctly, the titanium slip ons weigh 6 pounds less than the stock or off road slip ons. You don't need to change the ECU.

There is a pair of race slip ons on ebay now. They are advertised as titanium, but they are not. I emailed him and sent him some pictures, of the differences but I don't know if he will change the description.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes, you can.

If I remember correctly, the titanium slip ons weigh 6 pounds less than the stock or off road slip ons. You don't need to change the ECU.

There is a pair of race slip ons on ebay now. They are advertised as titanium, but they are not. I emailed him and sent him some pictures, of the differences but I don't know if he will change the description.

thanks, those were the ones I was looking at, what are they?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts