MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the edge of high, remote, mountain plain called South Park. If you're familiar with the cartoon of the same name, the creators are from a nearby town.

Years ago the Park was a rich indian hunting ground. Indeed, many indian battles were fought for control of it. Not much has changed in a way. One can find herds of bison, elk, deer, and pronghorn antelope grazing the meadow grasses. The surrounding mountains are populated with bear, mountain lion, and other predators. More Wikipedia background about this area can be found here.

So on one side of me is this basin, and on the other, canyons leading to the Front Range. Fine MV riding country. Here's the ride to South Park a couple of days ago.

Kenosha Pass is one of the entrances to the Park...

Yeah, the curves are where it is at for us, but on occasion it's kinda nice to see empty tarmac ahead and unwind the radial valved thing...

Do find a place to park the artwork for a couple pics...

Doesn't get very warm here. Can see this 10,000ft. high meadow is not much lower than the timberline.

Lunch places are few and far between here, but there is a place I like to grab some lunch, and sit/chat with the locals... the Jefferson General Store. A woman working at a nearby ranch notes a mountain lion killing two horses and four colts recently. An MV is rarely if ever seen here...

Do you ever try to get a seat so you can see the motorized baby? Not an issue here... there's only one table and it is next to the window!

I cross the road from the store above and pause to take a pic of the light blue building. It is the old/historic Jefferson train depot...

70 years ago there was only one motorized way to reach South Park, and it came on two rails. Jefferson 1937...

A pause nearby with the 13,500ft sentinels of the Mosquito Range guarding the backside of the MV...

So, a different kind of ride on the MV, and not too bad either.

·
Registered
735 Posts
thx 4 the pix mon. very nice :smoking:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Really beautiful. I'd love to ride in a place like that.

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics with us.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I am very jealous of you! Man I miss colorado...

Thanks for posting these up!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Steve, as usual........ great photos, awesome scenery and an amazingly beautiful bike :smoking:
Thanks for sharing, once more :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Very beautiful in deed. Thanks for the awesome shots and sharing.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Wow. That's beautiful. Some of the old towns remind me of the eastern parts of Arizona.

On a side note, I've always wondered if South Park really existed or was fictionary. :) Love the show.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for posting. Stayed a little over a week in a cabin near Salida a couple years ago. Had to go through SouthPark on the way home. I just love that area and hope to make it back there!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
what the hell man?!?! your pics are great, but your writeups just seal the deal. better watch it or MV may get a hold of your theme. "MV...on top of the world"

thanks for sharing all that.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Nice pics! Looks fantastic out there.....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Awesome pics and roads! Thanks for sharing! I have ridden roads up around Estes Park and the Poudre canyon area, I love Colorado!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Get down on your knees and thank god for your blessings. Me on the other hand will curse away for this city that I get to ride in everyday.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Allan Gibbs said:
Wow. That's beautiful. Some of the old towns remind me of the eastern parts of Arizona.

On a side note, I've always wondered if South Park really existed or was fictionary. :) Love the show.
Allan, this past May rode eastern AZ with four friends, riding the great 191 (Devils Backbone/Coronado Trail) north out of Clifton up through Monument Valley. Memorable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts