MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies I'm still learning here but I wanted to ask for feedback from those that have a GPS they use in addition to the dash. I've tried pairing my Sena(helmet), iPhone and GPS all to the dash and am able to get the Sena and Phone paired but the bike doesn't seem to like the Garmin 595 I use. On my other bikes(I have 2 other bikes with 595 cradles mounted on them) I use the 595 as the communication hub between my headset and phone ie everything pairs to the 595... this setup works from bike to bike (mostly) without any drama. With the TV I figured I could pair everything to the dash and *maybe* use the handlebar controls to manage call answering, media and other alert things that the phone or GPS communicate with. The 595 tries to pair with the TV as another headset (or shows the headset icon with attempting to pair) but I can't get the 595 to sync/pair with the dash.

I just wanted to ask for examples on what others are doing here and whether or not pairing all (3) devices to the TV dash is better or more flexible than pairing the Sena and phone to the 595 as I've done on the other bikes (that don't offer bluetooth). Any ideas, guidance, recommendations appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are quite a few BT standards for connections -- so it depends very much on the capabilities of the TV dash BT -- It may only be able to connect to two devices in total, of which one is limited to part of the BT connectivity. That would explain the TV dash "seeing" the Garmin as a Headset.

I have a Volvo with BT connectivity, It will only pair with one "active" BT device, such as a phone or Nav -- not two -- So I can connect my phone and a headset, but not Phone AND Nav ..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Apologies I'm still learning here but I wanted to ask for feedback from those that have a GPS they use in addition to the dash. I've tried pairing my Sena(helmet), iPhone and GPS all to the dash and am able to get the Sena and Phone paired but the bike doesn't seem to like the Garmin 595 I use. On my other bikes(I have 2 other bikes with 595 cradles mounted on them) I use the 595 as the communication hub between my headset and phone ie everything pairs to the 595... this setup works from bike to bike (mostly) without any drama. With the TV I figured I could pair everything to the dash and *maybe* use the handlebar controls to manage call answering, media and other alert things that the phone or GPS communicate with. The 595 tries to pair with the TV as another headset (or shows the headset icon with attempting to pair) but I can't get the 595 to sync/pair with the dash.

I just wanted to ask for examples on what others are doing here and whether or not pairing all (3) devices to the TV dash is better or more flexible than pairing the Sena and phone to the 595 as I've done on the other bikes (that don't offer bluetooth). Any ideas, guidance, recommendations appreciated. TIA.
Well. I used for some time the Bluetooth from the TV in conjunction with my phone, my Zumo 396 and my Sena Headset. I could eventually use the handlebar buttons to skip track, and respond the phone… When it worked. And it was not working everytime. Sometimes you loose the connection, and to get it back again, you had to stop the bike, and the headset, and restart everything. It was, to say the least, cumbersome. At the end, my phone is paired to my Zumo 396 (you need this to be able to use the live alerts anyway) and my headset is paired to the Zumo. And I can do the same as I was with the handlebar with the screen of the Zumo. The TV Bluetooth is at best a gadget, and I definitely stopped using it. Other advantage of the setup involving only the Zumo is that I don't have to mess up my setup when using my second bike : I just take the Zumo out of the craddle and put on the second bike. And the Bluetooth connection is much much much more reliable.

·
Registered
772 Posts
There are quite a few BT standards for connections -- so it depends very much on the capabilities of the TV dash BT -- It may only be able to connect to two devices in total, of which one is limited to part of the BT connectivity. That would explain the TV dash "seeing" the Garmin as a Headset.

I have a Volvo with BT connectivity, It will only pair with one "active" BT device, such as a phone or Nav -- not two -- So I can connect my phone and a headset, but not Phone AND Nav ..
On the TV, you can pair it with multiple (as mentioned in my previous post). It worked… randomly, but worked. You just have to specify the type of device you pair : you can pair a GPS, a phone, and multiple headset if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marc

Well. I used for some time the Bluetooth from the TV in conjunction with my phone, my Zumo 396 and my Sena Headset. I could eventually use the handlebar buttons to skip track, and respond the phone… When it worked. And it was not working everytime. Sometimes you loose the connection, and to get it back again, you had to stop the bike, and the headset, and restart everything. It was, to say the least, cumbersome. At the end, my phone is paired to my Zumo 396 (you need this to be able to use the live alerts anyway) and my headset is paired to the Zumo. And I can do the same as I was with the handlebar with the screen of the Zumo. The TV Bluetooth is at best a gadget, and I definitely stopped using it. Other advantage of the setup involving only the Zumo is that I don't have to mess up my setup when using my second bike : I just take the Zumo out of the craddle and put on the second bike. And the Bluetooth connection is much much much more reliable.
I'm probably just going to leave the 595 as the hub as I do when using on the other bikes. I was just curious if the handlebar control made anything easier, more convenient, etc.. similar to BMW's wonerwheel controller.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts