MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ,any links on clutch tools to take this bloody whatever you call it with grooves ,140nm i have not got a chance to stop it spinning and gasket ,would require quick delivery.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Called a clutch basket. I'm sure someone here that has installed a slipper clutch will chime in.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok ,thanks Donsy,my brother stole my air compressor,will have to kill him later. anticlockwise to undo is that correct.any gaskets in Australia or do you just use copper silicone.Thanks

cheers eddy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know ,the outer part is the clutch basket,whatever the inner part is with grooves,it must have a name?
Lol.The clutch basket and plates are perfect,I think the part with the grooves is making that excessive noise like a rattle,that's why i will get it off tomorrow,no idea whats under it ,maybe has bearings maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
There's some pretty detailed images of the clutch for your bike in the parts list Eddy. As far as the gasket goes, yup, form a gasket is what I use, that copper silicone is great shit.

Be carefull, don't break any of the fingers on the basket. And yes, there's a view little ball bearings under the plate carrier. Post some pics mate.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why,if they are made of asbestos,i am fuc& anyway ,used to cut the crap with a 9" stone cut off wheel when i was 17 ,dust all over the place on a regular basis,cross my fingers hey.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics , more later

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Hahaha, great pics man.
Okay, important bits here, if the fingers/slots on you basket are notched, that will cause noise as the plates get hooked up ....etc.
The next thing you should check is the plate and spring tolerances, get the manual out and measure spring height/length, and then friction plate thickness.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
air compressor and rattling gun coming tomorrow.i will need it,and this nut is 1 1/4,not 32mm pretty close

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok , so there is 3 roller type off ramp bearings under the slotted round thing ,they are obviously there to form part of the ramp procedure ,now how to make the quite , will check for wear , and post some pics .

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
solved,bike sounds like a diesel.Clutch solved

anyone have one of these lying around ,the gold plate, maybe, I can source the bearings and circlips maybe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Hey Eddy, stop starting a bloody new thread every time you post man, jeez. Okay, looks like you found some wear and tear. Check the "For Sale" section, I think Erik has his up for sale.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts