MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI...

as a result of my get off at the end of july, my midpipe was smashed like a pancake. i've had the TI RG3 midpipe for my evo2 on order for months because i was told the midpipe for the 1000 would not fit. well, i ended up getting a stainless midpipe from ferracci that i was told would fit the 750 as well as the 1000. upon receiving it, it is the same bend and maybe a tad bit larger in diameter, but i can't compare accurately because of the mangled mess my original one was in. HOWEVER, the pipe does NOT mate with the RG3/evo3/SPR collector. since the RG3 is a 4 -2-1-2 system each with it's own section of pipe, the midpipe needs to be a female on one end. the pipe i was sent was not. no BIG deal...i just went to an exhaust place and had it flared a bit to work. i don't know if it would fit STOCK 750 headers or not, but this is what i had to do to get it to work with my system.

just thought i would pass this info on...maybe good info for FAQ. meanwhile, bike is running :yo: . too bad the season is :eek:nthecan: wish i would have done this about 2 months ago... :banghead:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh well. you would have had a sure sale 1.5 weeks ago. but good to know. i doubt it will be going anywhere anytime soon. lowly 750 owners are hard to come by these days... :laughing:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have some SPR headers and mid-pipe that you might be interested in - came with the 750 EVO2 that I'm breaking to rebuild the Ago with - and let me tell you with costs mounting it would be good to sell these!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
style_one said:
FYI...

as a result of my get off at the end of july, my midpipe was smashed like a pancake. i've had the TI RG3 midpipe for my evo2 on order for months because i was told the midpipe for the 1000 would not fit. well, i ended up getting a stainless midpipe from ferracci that i was told would fit the 750 as well as the 1000. upon receiving it, it is the same bend and maybe a tad bit larger in diameter, but i can't compare accurately because of the mangled mess my original one was in. HOWEVER, the pipe does NOT mate with the RG3/evo3/SPR collector. since the RG3 is a 4 -2-1-2 system each with it's own section of pipe, the midpipe needs to be a female on one end. the pipe i was sent was not. no BIG deal...i just went to an exhaust place and had it flared a bit to work. i don't know if it would fit STOCK 750 headers or not, but this is what i had to do to get it to work with my system.

just thought i would pass this info on...maybe good info for FAQ. meanwhile, bike is running :yo: . too bad the season is :eek:nthecan: wish i would have done this about 2 months ago... :banghead:
That's what I told you a while back, the 1000 and 750 midpipe are different, the pipe inlet of the centre piece in the direction of the gas travel is smaller on a 1000, I know because I fitted a 750 midpipe to my 1000 and had to have the pipes shrunk to fit,

·
Registered
52 Posts
mikef4uk said:
That's what I told you a while back, the 1000 and 750 midpipe are different, the pipe inlet of the centre piece in the direction of the gas travel is smaller on a 1000, I know because I fitted a 750 midpipe to my 1000 and had to have the pipes shrunk to fit,
Mike, does this mean I could get the SPR headers and mid-pipe to fit the Ago - oh fountain of knowledge :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true this mike. this is why i hadn't bought a 1000 midpipe all this time. but i was told that it would fit. because it had been so long, i thought i would try my luck. of course now all these opportunities are popping up. but i'm cool with it. cost me nothing to expand the inlets and i think the midpipe is a little fatter. i haven't been on the bike in a long time, but it sounds a bit beefier too. though it could be more of my ego trying to heal.

deimh...check PM. OH, and not to answer for mike, but the headers for 1000's are a litte longer/taller to clear the taller engine. i don't think the SPR headers will clear it on the ago.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
deimh said:
Mike, does this mean I could get the SPR headers and mid-pipe to fit the Ago - oh fountain of knowledge :)
Style one is right, the 1000 headers are about 10mm higher than the 750 one's, I seem to remeber the Maxim? endurance team who were secretly testing the 1000 for MV,cut and welded a 10mm piece into the 750 SPR headers :jsm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts