MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im new to the fourm but im a huge MV fan. im lookin at buying a EVO 3 this is mono and the dealer tells me about 15 made in into the us and most are bi anywyas can someone please give me some more info. im ready to jump and buy it and anyone one else how does it ride compaired to the 1000's? i have a RSV R 02 we ride let me know thx

vatoloco aka eric

phx az

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vatoloco said:
hi, im new to the fourm but im a huge MV fan. im lookin at buying a EVO 3 this is mono and the dealer tells me about 15 made in into the us and most are bi anywyas can someone please give me some more info. im ready to jump and buy it and anyone one else how does it ride compaired to the 1000's? i have a RSV R 02 we ride let me know thx

vatoloco aka eric

phx az
I really have no idea, but I would be suprised if only 15 2003 F4's were imported to the US. And most F4's I've seen are single seaters anyway. I know because I wanted a 1+1 but couldn't find one.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Vatoloco and welcome to mvagusta.net. :) I used to have a Evo III 750 F4 before I bought my current bike, a F41000S. The Evo III is a great bike, the last evolution of the 750F4, only the SPR and the SR versions were more powerful. If the price is right I think it would be a great buy. My current bike is, IMO better all round, it's certainly more powerful and I enjoy being lazy with the gearbox which the greater power and torque of the 1000cc motor allows you to do. The 750 is perhaps a better trackday bike, more focussed and revvy, if you ride one well, they are very rewarding. Many of the guys here on the site, will I am sure give you the benefit of their knowledge and experience, which is considerable. Whatever you do decide to get, 750 or 1000, I don't think you will be disappointed. The in line 4 will certainly take some getting used to after your Aprillia, shame you can't keep both. Look forward to hearing what you decide to go for in later posts.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the Evo series ive seen are 1+1's i have only seen one mono like this one. on ebay im including all the ones ive seen on ebay and in photos. ive seen a few mono 1000's

psperl said:
I really have no idea, but I would be suprised if only 15 2003 F4's were imported to the US. And most F4's I've seen are single seaters anyway. I know because I wanted a 1+1 but couldn't find one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
part 2

John, Thanks for the welcome :) I really want the bike to put in my room even though my mother says other wise. Im only 19 but ive worked my but off,so my father gave me the go ahead and is willing to co-sign, even though im stubborn and i dont want him to. the aprilia is my fathers and mine we share it.he is trying to get the 910R in the mamba kit. I really want something to ride, to show everyone especialy my teachers in school who though i was a idoit (now im a Vw tech trying to be master certifed).
i dont like 1000's for everyday use. i like taking things slow then i shine kina like a butterfly,the dealer wants around $15k new what ya think??
thx

eric

john said:
Hi Vatoloco and welcome to mvagusta.net. :) I used to have a Evo III 750 F4 before I bought my current bike, a F41000S. The Evo III is a great bike, the last evolution of the 750F4, only the SPR and the SR versions were more powerful. If the price is right I think it would be a great buy. My current bike is, IMO better all round, it's certainly more powerful and I enjoy being lazy with the gearbox which the greater power and torque of the 1000cc motor allows you to do. The 750 is perhaps a better trackday bike, more focussed and revvy, if you ride one well, they are very rewarding. Many of the guys here on the site, will I am sure give you the benefit of their knowledge and experience, which is considerable. Whatever you do decide to get, 750 or 1000, I don't think you will be disappointed. The in line 4 will certainly take some getting used to after your Aprillia, shame you can't keep both. Look forward to hearing what you decide to go for in later posts.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Eric, As you can see from my details on the left, I'm in the UK and as such, I'm not familiar with MV prices in the States. We have lots of members at your side of the water (see registry) I'm sure some of those guys will let you know their opinions on the price very soon. I Like your avatar BTW, I drive trains for a living :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I don't think there was much of a difference beween the EVOII and EVOIII, right? I asked a dealer once and he said EVOIII were just California compliant.

That being said, I had and EVOII (2002) and a 1000 (2006). Handlingwise, they're very similar. The 1000 is a bit more comfortable but has a higher seat high. But the low end power on the 1000 is wonderful. The 750's lack of low end grunt was the thing I hated about the 750s. Actually, because of the low end power and slightly better ergos, I think the 1000 is a better street bike.

As for price, I do know dealers are offering 2006 MVs for $19,200 and some people here have gotten their 2000 MV for $9,000 to $10,000. Maybe that might give you some guidelines as to how much a 2003 750 should be. It's a new 2003 MV? Is the dealer Renaissance Motorcycles in Tucson? I heard they still have a new 2003 MV. :)

You know, if your dad's looking to get a Brutale, the two of you could probably work a good price on both a 2005 or F4S and Brutale.

Take a look at the prices of Beaudry Motorsports for Brutales and F4S:
http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/cgi/bmsinstock.pl

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
evo 3

John, how much did you buy yours from. I think in euros it would be like $29 thousand euros,ill be sure to check out the other evo memmbers my dealer wants a lil below MSRP, i really want this bike so money isnt really a issue for me, AKA OVERTIME work, lol Good to talk to you i was planning to work for Union pacific or BNSF here as Enginner also,But i enjoy workin when i want to.

thanks
eric

john said:
Hi Eric, As you can see from my details on the left, I'm in the UK and as such, I'm not familiar with MV prices in the States. We have lots of members at your side of the water (see registry) I'm sure some of those guys will let you know their opinions on the price very soon. I Like your avatar BTW, I drive trains for a living :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
910r & f4

Hey allan, here in Arizona people are @&^%$ to riders so i need somethin a bit torquie i was told the older 1000's are a bit slow on that. i love 750's im just scared of the 1000's for the street This aprilia was always beggin for more AND MORE power we never even got her in 6th gear yet lol. yes its the dealer in tucson and it is the new evo he has had for A WHILE, it was there when we bought are RSV R, i drive a car and its nice but when your out on a bike its somthin else

Gotta Go!

schools a callin thx everyone

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I don't think the price I paid for my bikes would be much use to you Eric. My Evo III cost me the equivalent of US $18,750, but at the time, early 2005, the 1000 model hadn't been out long and the 750 models still commanded good prices here. A new 1000S can now be bought here for the same amount of money as they are being discounted due to the introduction of the 1000R. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'd like to see what they let this evo3 go for. if SPR's are still expecting to pull in around $15K. i remember a couple of years back somebody was struggling to let go of their SPR and ended up dropping the price to $16. so an evo3 even brand new can't be over $14. my guess would be just under that. but that's a guess. but the dealer may try and through in some stuff just to move it. use the market to your advantage if you can. both buyer and seller need each other on this one.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Vatoloco said:
Hey allan, here in Arizona people are @&^%$ to riders so i need somethin a bit torquie i was told the older 1000's are a bit slow on that. i love 750's im just scared of the 1000's for the street This aprilia was always beggin for more AND MORE power we never even got her in 6th gear yet lol. yes its the dealer in tucson and it is the new evo he has had for A WHILE, it was there when we bought are RSV R, i drive a car and its nice but when your out on a bike its somthin else
Tell me about it. I recently moved from Phoenix to L.A. But the lack of torque and peaky torque curve of the 750 was a major draw back for me in Phoenix. The torque difference between the 750 vs. the 1000 is great!!!!! I think the 1000 will be more entertaining especially since most of the roads are straight. You're looking at a $4,000 gap between a new 2006 1000 and a new 2003 750. But I think you could close that gap a little more if your dad gets a Brutale. Have you tried Scottsdale MV Agusta?

I think Steve (Renaissance Motorcycles) has had the 750 since 2003. :) He was the one that told me that the difference in the EVOIII was that it was California emissions compliant. I like Steve but his shop is sometimes like a time capsule. It's the place you can go to see a 2000 Mille, a 2001 996, or a 2003 MV 750 two to three years after their release. On the downside, they weren't competitive with the prices that Scottsdale or Pro Italia were offering. But on the plus side, Steve doesn't charge frieght or setup which saves about $700 or so.

Did you go to UTI? Just a guess since you mentioned you're a VW tech and going to school. I have four friends that went/are going there. :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Dova80 said:
someone still has a new 03? Wow it would be atleast entertaining to hear what they want for it.
Yes, Renaissance Motorcycles in Tucson, Arizona. They want $15,000 for it. :)

I rememebr they had a 2000 Aprille Mille for about two years after the second generation came out. They also had 748s and 996s up until 2004!

It's not that it's a bad shop. The problem is that the owner relies on patronage from locals. So, the combined market of Tucson isn't really that large. And the Phoenix market had two Ducati/Aprilla dealer (now they have 3).

In constrast, your Pro Italia, Scottsdale MV, Monroe, Beaudry are targeting nationwide buyers via their websites.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Yes, Renaissance Motorcycles in Tucson, Arizona. They want $15,000 for it. :)

I rememebr they had a 2000 Aprille Mille for about two years after the second generation came out. They also had 748s and 996s up until 2004!

It's not that it's a bad shop. The problem is that the owner relies on patronage from locals. So, the combined market of Tucson isn't really that large. And the Phoenix market had two Ducati/Aprilla dealer (now they have 3).

In constrast, your Pro Italia, Scottsdale MV, Monroe, Beaudry are targeting nationwide buyers via their websites.
wow... sounds like a neat shop for all the older items.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part three

Hey everyone, Allan espescally

Thanks for all your help Its great. I really apperate it, Also if my spelling looks werid its because i never really focsued on learning it correctly,and sence the inet is here it just made me more lazyer. IF it does bug people let me know and ill try my best to speak proper english lol.

He wants $16,5k and doesnt really wanna play,im told that the evo3 also came with the kit jacket,toolkit etc well he sold that, and still doesnt wanna play. I like the attitude of bill & steve but i feel like you said that he acts like well its here it is price is set is gold. if really really he cant do anything for me i guess im gonna have to buy a pre owned from a local credit union, What stumps me is that he let us have are 02 RSV R factory for $12,9k when as im sure you know its $18kish

I like post falls and they had a EVO 2 & 03 about two months ago i was ready to buy,all happy. but they cant do finnaceing for out of state buyers :( and im told the same threw monroe,glendale,and every other dealer ive talked to. I really have my heart set on a 750.

Yes I am a student at UTI, im a Lube/tire tech at Volkswagen looking to see if i can become a MV/aprilia certifed tech.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
$16,500?!!! :wtf: Sixteen thousand five hundred dollars????? :laughing: For a 2003 when 2007s are coming out? For a 750 when not only a 1000S but a 1000R are being made? :laughing: Also consider that some dealers are not only sellin their 1000s for $20,000 but also adding a $600 service or $600 jacket for free.

Well, I guess that may be his "cost" for the bike and he's waiting for someone who values the 750 over a 1000. But I guess that's why bikes sit there for years.

Don't let dealer financing get you down. You could probably find your own just as easiliy. If you or your dad are members of a credit union, you'll probably get the best rates from them. Also, you could try these other lenders:

Bank of America:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/military/index.cfm?state=AZ&view=DETAIL&category=LOAN&product=CARLOAN

Capital One:
http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/index.php?linkid=WWW_0606_AUTO_01_HOME_C1_02_T_AC1

Eloan:
https://www.eloan.com/s/show/auto?context=auto&transtype=&sid=9UwbQgPi-UzewWO60z4zX32o1D8&user=&mcode=

As for Wells Fargo, they said they don't do motorcycle financing.

Oh, you may want to talk to one ofthe dealers about GE Capital. At first Pro Italia wasn't sure if they would finance an MV through GE (but the do Ducati fiancing). But, Pro Italia submitted my application under "other" (as opposed to a Ducati) and I was approved and ended up financing my MV through GE Capital. HOWEVER, I was already financing my Ducati (my trade in) through them so that may have been a factor.

On a side note, interest rates of motorcycles are pretty high. I got 10% annual via GE and plan on transfering the balance to a lower interest credit card in about a month or so and then pay it off quickly. But I was seeing rates like 13% with B of A, eLoan, and Capital One.

Well hope that helps.

Good Luck.

Allan

·
Registered
360 Posts
My advice - do some research. There is no way in hell a new 2003 (given 2007 model bikes are coming at) will be even close to the original MSRP which seems to be what this guy is charging. Have a look around the web and see what 2003's are going at second hand then make your decision. For $16k US you might even be able to ick up a second hand limited edition job. I'd also call all MV dealers within 1000m radius for quotes on new bikes. You can then turn around and use their quotes as a bargaining chip to get a better deal. Worst case is you might find a better bike for cheaper and the money you save can be spent on an airfare to the purchase point and then cover riding expenses for the way back. Good luck mate and stick to your dream. I was only 25 when I bought my SPR and nothing's sweeter than a piece of Italian exotica.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts