MV Agusta Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can only imagine what the Harley forum must have said at the prospect of an electric bike.
Electric? They were bad enough when it came to watercooled (VROD)...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just saw this (was posted 5 days ago), not sure if it is click bait , but visordown as far as I understand is reputable?

Timur is quoted:

" We have a precise plan for the revival of the brand and this includes the F4. The platform was simply discontinued but a return within a maximum of five years is in our plans. We have also scheduled a return to the World Superbike Championship.”

Superbike championship means combustion. :)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Just saw this (was posted 5 days ago), not sure if it is click bait , but visordown as far as I understand is reputable?

Timur is quoted:

" We have a precise plan for the revival of the brand and this includes the F4. The platform was simply discontinued but a return within a maximum of five years is in our plans. We have also scheduled a return to the World Superbike Championship.”

Superbike championship means combustion. :)
Maybe they read this post and re thought the electric idea lol

How about that huh the forum actually did something useful instead of complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Maybe they read this post and re thought the electric idea lol

How about that huh the forum actually did something useful instead of complaining

This forum is always useful.

Anyway check this cool video

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was initially very skeptical about synthetic fuels, alchemy and all that. You would think that vehicle manufacturers would be very supportive, but Mercedes for example does not think it is viable. I note that Bosch has recently come out and said it is achievable, for what their opinion is worth. It almost seems to good to be true, keeping petrol and no emissions. I also note that it is definitely not viable without the changes needed to make energy generation renewable. But it is , potentially, great news. Perhaps one will be able to order one's own exhaust fragrance, mine would be eucalyptus and lavender.

Electric vehicles will prevail though, if for no other reason than they are faster, and we have a need, for speed.

As much as I love bikes, and English and French cars, that is nothing compared to forests, reefs, and the thangs that live in those.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Electric vehicles will prevail though, if for no other reason than they are faster, and we have a need, for speed.
I will happily race you across the U S of A! Me in a diesel three cylinder Yugo....and you in any production Electric Passenger Vehicle you would like.
Coast-toCoast. Boston to San Francisco. You simply have to drive the vehicle you choose on the roadways of the US. ONe co-driver allowed.
First to arrive gets the win.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
What about db rating from the exhaust test lol

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #176

Some people are saying ICE aint going nowhere

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, bring on a sexy electric bike, but don't call it an F4. Maybe E4?
Interesting, when I moved from CA to NV, and re-registered my '07 F4-1000R, the NV DMV said, by their VIN list, it was an "F5", and that's how it is registered here - even though the factory never really made any production F5's that I know of; but when the 1000 was first shown, they had called it an F5 apparently, and some authority put that designation into the system, and there it lives.
My 2005 F4 1000S has a VIN number with 'F5' in it, seems they changed the model number when they went to the 1000cc engine. Makes sense I guess.
Does the Gen 2 F4 have the same VIN model number, or did it step to 'F6'?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Haven't been on the forum much recently as had my attention elsewhere but Sam, an electric/hybrid F4 is just pure wrong. Apart from the looks, the howling exhaust note is what makes the F4 special. I did a lot of marshaling at the TT when they were first introducing the TTX and while the technology is interesting I wasn't at all bothered with the bikes, they just didn't excite me. If Timur feels the need to make an electric/hybrid bike then make it a separate model or even an F4 "special" like we see in the car world where they offer a hybrid version alongside the mainstream models but not as the only option, especially if we're going to be waiting another 5 years for it!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Haven't been on the forum much recently as had my attention elsewhere but Sam, an electric/hybrid F4 is just pure wrong. Apart from the looks, the howling exhaust note is what makes the F4 special. I did a lot of marshaling at the TT when they were first introducing the TTX and while the technology is interesting I wasn't at all bothered with the bikes, they just didn't excite me. If Timur feels the need to make an electric/hybrid bike then make it a separate model or even an F4 "special" like we see in the car world where they offer a hybrid version alongside the mainstream models but not as the only option, especially if we're going to be waiting another 5 years for it!
Unfortunately chris the next generation dont even know what to identify themselves as no wonder why manufacturers have to make something for everyone

161 - 180 of 180 Posts