MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT JUST TAKE IT ANYWHERE! Even if the bikes at the dealer come from the factory with Marchesini's....

I brought my bike to the Kawasaki/Polaris dealer. They're actually a reputable dealer....not some assbags like other dealers in town.

I think they tweaked either the exhaust hanger, or yanked on the exhaust springs, cause now, the exhaust touches the tire. So, I had to tweak the hanger, and put in two spacers/washers:

Luckily, unless I said something to you, and even then, you wouldn't even notice because of the perfect washer size.

Anyhow, to the important part...these are ALL DIFFERENT PICS, none of the same spot was taken twice except the two obvious ones that are next to each other of the LONG scratches....

THEY PRYED OFF THE WHEEL WEIGHTS WITH A SCREWDRIVER!!!!! The wheel weights were there, but I cleaned off the residue. The scratch by the passenger pegs, I dunno what scratched it, but I'm guessing it was to take off the passenger pegs to move the exhaust to take off the tire. Eitherway, it shouldn't have happenned.

Same as picture above, just diifferent angle....

And here is the scratch on the frame by the passenger peg...

Eitherway, I didn't even notice them yesterday, as I just rode it home and went to bed, went to work this morning, and got off after they were closed. I cleaned my bike for bike night tonight and was almost crying at the damages done to my rear rim.

They made me sign a little waiver saying "we're not liable for damages as we're not an MV dealer." Fine, no problem....but a rim, is a rim, is a rim regardless of bike. I can MAYBE understand the tweaked exhaust (even that is pushing it because it's nothing mechanical other than removing exhaust springs), but not the rim...that is inexcuseable....

Going to the dealer tomorrow to demand a new rim. There's a difference between scratches, and GOUGES. Maybe one, ok...whatever it happens, but NINE MAJOR ONES????? :cussing:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ah Nate. Man, I am sorry to see that. You are right about taking your wheels to just anyone. There are only two places I will take my carbon wheels too. As far as that waiver, what the hell do you do? Hang in there buddy and good luck with the dealer.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Damn man, i am sorry to hear that. i always hate to hear of people taking their bikes to places that are supposed to know what the hell they are doing and instead of asking questions they just try what they think will work and f^ck everything up. i hope you get your new rim and tell anyone that asks not to take their bike there for anything. Good luck :koolaid:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks like I'll be going to SoCal to get my tires changed from now on.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...that waiver...I figured, "well, what are the odds of them fucking up taking off an exhaust...it's 4 springs...." So I signed it.

That waiver should hold up SHIT....like I said, a rim is a rim is a rim. it doesn't matter what bike it goes on. that's like saying you can do a cavalier rim, but not a Civic. you can either change tires, or you can't. Had I just brought them the rim, and they didn't know what bike it was going on, they wouldn't have hesitated to do it. but since they saw the bike...they panicked with a waiver. The exhaust tweaking...MAYBE, but even that is pretty straight foreward. but, changing a tire....it's all the same, regardless of bike. Especially since they stock 250 series tires for choppers and ESA ZX12's, etc....I KNOW they know how to change tires properly....they were just hacking away back there on my bike.

They didn't know I walked in, but they guy was pretty pissed it had no gas for the test ride afterwards. "The test ride was cut short...I saw the gas light, so I couldn't really take it anywhere...." WTF??

·
Registered
261 Posts
Man, that is some pretty ham fisted treatment of the rim. Too bad about the wavier. I would still talk to a lawyer to see if you can recover some damages. I don't think that kind of repair is "reasonable". I would double check the torque on your hub bearing as well. It has a critical torque requirement and they could have easily screwed it up too given the sloppy level of service.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm goin up there tomorrow to raise hell. They should pay for a new rim....it really sucks that they had that much negligence.....wtf, why would you do that?

I don't think that waiver will do anything.....it doesn't matter what bike the wheel is on. It's just a wheel. They're all the same...now, if they were working on my motor (god forbid) I could understand, and I'de be kicking myself in teh ass....but still, a rim is a rim...there's no difference in changing tires from one wheel to the next.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
OMG. That's unbelievable. Good luck getting anything from them.

Are there weights on the wheel now? I really doubt they had the correct spacer needed to balance your wheel correctly. It's not a standard size and usually only an MV dealer has the necessary size.

I don't think anyone could do that much damage without doing it on purpose. I suggest you find out who did the work.

·
Registered
583 Posts
a friend of mine works at the cycle gear in san antonio and something like that happend a guy brought two brand new marchneis( dont think i spelt it right but oh well) rims and had some tires put on. the got a couple of very small scrathes on it and the guy went nuts the first thing he said was either you replace it or i get a lawyer there is no middle ground and they got him a new rim. So if i were you i would raise hell and dont take any crap tell them you want your rim. also as glaido said i is true that the balancer needs a speacial spacer maybe they didnt have it nd thats how your rim got missed up. sorry to hear about your wheel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
odonata said:
FACK!!! :bawling: :ahhh: :bash: :eek: :wtf: :nutkick: :green: :cry: :stir: :cussing: :shocker: :mad: :( :2up: :finger:

I am speechless... very sorry to see those pictures, I can just imagine your pain, and thanks for posting so we can all learn from your experience.
I totally feel for you!! Are you sure they were professionals or just butchers!!! :jerkoff: Sorry to see that happen to ya, I think I'll be more cautious from now on with who I choose

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear your misfortune, however, you should have NEVER signed that kind of waver....they have it in writing...I can already hear their answer..."we told ya so..." good luck, but unfortunately with that waiver it is going to be extremely tough....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think that due to the waiver you signed, the only recourse is that hopefully you paid them with a credit card for this, deny the charge with your credit card company showing them the damage done and your dissatisfaction with the services performed. If you bought the tires or some other actual parts that you are actually keeping, you may have to pay that portion, but the portion for services / labor you should be able to protest. The best of luck. Lesson: NEVER EVER!!! sign a waiver of any kind...they have your MV!!!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the waiver. A signed damage waiver should not give them carte blanche to act in an unprofessional way towards your bike. I assume they are a licenced repair shop and that should govern their actions.
If they are reasonable, they will make it right, if not your option is to sue them. If a reasonable person would agree that they acted in an unprofessional way (a waiver aside) you should be in good shape to win a judgement. Collecting on it is another matter..

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I guess that makes up my mind too--I was debating whether to take my wheels to cyclegear, or have the dealer change my tires at the next service. I guess it'll definitley be worth the extra cost to have the dealer do it (as I do trust them).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Most tire changing machines will SCRATCH by the very essense of how they work by holding the rim so it doesn't spin when mounting or dismounting the tire. There are very few machines that have no scratch coatings. Most shops don't use the nylon covers that are supposed to be used on their machines to avoid these issues and have probably lost them long ago if they ever had them.

As for the weights, again, most will use a screw driver and pry the weights off. Not a good way to remove them and leave no damage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts