MV Agusta Forum banner

Evap Canister Removal / Emissions removal / Performance ECU

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  EBBO 
#1 ·
Just picked up a used low mile 2005 MV Brutale 750 S. Going through some tune up stuff and shortly want to do some performance mods. If adding a exhaust (maybe arrow or HP course) who makes a good ecu tune and can I remove the emissions on the bike. Just going to try and clean up the bike and take off any emissions stuff not needed. Want either a tune or re-flash or chip to tune after. Any recommendations . Thanks

#4 ·
Welcome to the family @psychobrutale !!! Where in the USA are you ?? Please add that info to yor profile...and introduce yourself with a post in the "New Members" section.

There are no emissions devices on your bike that would require a remap of the ECU....but a new chip from Adam would be a good investment. The evap system is dumb and can be deleted with no other mods required. (as long as you do it correctly).

Reactions: theknurl
#5 ·
Getting rid of the evap system on this bike is easy peasy. The can isn’t inside the tank like in the Donsy’s very detailed (and infamous) “how-to” post. It’s mounted horizontally on the frame, up under where the main wiring harness crosses along behind the throttle bodies. Pull your tank and follow the vacuum hoses from the sides of the bike

I’m on my phone and don’t have any pictures readily available, but if you need more detail let me know and I can walk you through it using the parts diagram

#6 ·
I am located in Wethersfield Connecticut. Any emission removal would be great a it is would be any clutter and additional weight taken off the bike. I just came off a Honda RC51 that had Sato Exhaust and power commander and with a custom tune it ran better so any type of "tune" or "re chip or re map" upgrade would probable help as i hear down low around 4-6k there is a slight stumble and possibly a tune/chip helps that, so any info would be great, thank you.

#7 · (Edited)
In order to cure the stumble you need a remap. If we are talking about a B4, the ECU is a 5SM and it’s tunable by a dedicated tuner...no EPROM. Rob’s Dyno in Gardner MA can set you up.
What year and model Brutale do you have?

#9 ·
Ah, then you have a 1.6M ECU and you should contact merc07, Adam, on this forum. (See how important bike model and year can be!)

Reactions: esq'z me
#10 ·
So finally removed the tank to do some cleaning, maintenance and a replacement air filter and upgraded eprom from merc07. Want to remove the evap canister and lines that go to it for less clutter and weight. Is there a tutorial or diagram on which lines to remove and what needs to be capped. Also looking to replace the fuel lines as they are 15 years old now at this point.

#11 ·
Why yes...there is !!! A little searching for evap can removal should give you results.

#12 ·
On the B4, removing the Evap Canister is fairly simple.
Dismount the canister.
Disconnect hose 12 and shorten it a bit.
Disconnect and place a vacuum cap on 13.

Now, make it look like the Euro version. Connect the two hoses from teh fuel pump plate with a Wye connector and route a hose down to near the kickstand just like currently exists.

#13 ·
@silentservice703 ... I think he has an in-tank evap canister (that is on early bikes including my 910R).....so a bit more involved, but same outcome.

#14 ·
That picture came from the B4 750/910 parts manual....weird

#15 ·
Hmm...I just looked again and it seems it changed to in-tank with 2007 models. Every day is a learning experience !!
This is how mine was set-up.
White Human body Sleeve Organism Gesture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.