MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 08 312R, is this acceptable for the out of tank work required for evap can removal? I stuck a bolt on the end of the hose that come out of the 4 into 1 splitter from the manifold. Thanks much.

Art

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
Not sure what I am looking at there...other than the evap vent into the intakes (4 into 1). You can pull those 4 hoses off the bike and seal the spigots on either side of the fairing with 6 mm vacuum caps (see your auto supply shop). Then you can leave the single hose from the tank just vented to athmosphere......OR take the tank off, remove the canister completely and reroute the internal cap vent.
Very detailed directions with photos and drawings in other posts.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed. I was at a friends late in the day and had already performed the intank canectomy and didn't want to leave my bike there. The caps I had didn't fit the side spigots so I left all the out of tank hoses and simply plugged the single hose going into the bottom of the tank with a bolt. Hope this is ok until I get the right caps. Auto parts stores are scarce here. Trying Home Depot.

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
As long as the hoses to the intakes are plugged you are good. Otherwise big air leak.....plugging hose into gas tank vent itself causes a different problem....like collapsed tank from vacuum.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I was just worried about having the pressure from both pairs of hoses blowing back into each other since I capped it after the junction.

As long as the hoses to the intakes are plugged you are good. Otherwise big air leak.....plugging hose into gas tank vent itself causes a different problem....like collapsed tank from vacuum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts