MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok does anyone in Europe have a set of 1090 or 990 mirrors that they want to get rid of?

here is why in the US the mirrors we have have shorter mirror stalks than the European mirrors, how are the mirrors on the 1090 and such overseas where you guys are?

found out my local dealer has a floor model with the euro mirros on them the way you can tell is that the glass on the front where the turn signals are extends all the way around the mirror body on the outside of the mirror, where the US mirrors do not do this, they stop only on the front of the mirror body also the mirror stalks on the euro mirrors place them about 1 inch higher and about 1/2-3/4 inch farther out on the bars than the US mirrors.

are they as bad as the US versions do you see behind you at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck, they're £165+VAT each. I managed to get one with a broken LED for £55 on eBay. I lost the indicator glass somewhere after trying to adjust the mirror. And of coarse you can't just order the glass. There was a set on Italian eBay a few week ago, think they went for about €250 in the end.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the US mirror does not have the glass extending all the way to the back of the mirror to the part that is the edge of the actual miror portion, also the stalks are a little longer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just lost my mirror glass while riding. Just fell out! Looks like the plastic socket cracked. I wouldnt spend the money on replacements. They are cheap junk.

·
Registered
450 Posts
They have the same mirrors for Europe and USA. The design has changed from the original. I was told the old ones had a problem with buzzing. I just got a set from Italy to put on my '05 Brutale, I also changed the headlight mount so there would be no holes once I removed the indicators.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts