MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Should have picked up some faster riders......Danny Eslick would have been a good choice.

Nothing against the guys he chose, but they were mid pack in the pitiful AMA series. I fear they will be back markers in WSBK and not give EBR the showing it deserves.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
but entering the series means a multi-year investment, first year or two can only hope to be developmental. They can tweak things as they go along and more sponsorship dollars come in.

Should have picked up some faster riders......Danny Eslick would have been a good choice.

Nothing against the guys he chose, but they were mid pack in the pitiful AMA series. I fear they will be back markers in WSBK and not give EBR the showing it deserves.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There's a great article in PB this month on it. The racer looks superb, the street bike visually heavy which is a shame.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
The street bike in person looks very nice!!!

With Hero on board Eric finally has the funding and free reign to do it right. The Motor Company always had him ham strung.

The sad part to this story is the flight from AMA Championship Road Racing. First Jordan Motorsports and now EBR/Hero...without a schedule for 2014, and sponsors and quality riders leaving for Europe, the AMA has become a poor excuse for a National Championship.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It is areal shame about AMA losing its way. Back in the 70's I was a goung buck living and breathing bikes it was something else. To win the AMA no1 plate realy meant something twas multi dicipline then if I remember right mile dirt ovals and roads. There are some decent Americans in british racing but I reckon its the wrong place if they want to make it to the top level. Spain and Italy is the place to be to make it in MotoGp

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
ama did a lot on it's own to run the series into the ground. Really embarassing when you see how BSB and other national superbike series seem to be thriving.
The street bike in person looks very nice!!!

With Hero on board Eric finally has the funding and free reign to do it right. The Motor Company always had him ham strung.

The sad part to this story is the flight from AMA Championship Road Racing. First Jordan Motorsports and now EBR/Hero...without a schedule for 2014, and sponsors and quality riders leaving for Europe, the AMA has become a poor excuse for a National Championship.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
The final revenge of Roger Edmondson

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Ed. Let go race there. Maybe we can place on the podium!

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Randy can sponsor us.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Wayyyy beyond our skill levels Randrew.....well, mine anyway.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Mine also. I feel slow at track days. Maybe this year I will place some track tires on the 1098 and see how she feels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts