MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every one. Has anyone changed the midpipe and changed the Eprom or to a power commander and did they help the mid pipe or not.

·
Registered
922 Posts
For awhile, I didn't do anything after installing a 2-into-2 straight-through midpipe and it ran pretty good but still not easy at low rpm. Now I've got the BMC air filter in there, and it's rough especially at 5-6k rpm. Now with the addition of a pciii and a map my friend loaded it's great, pulls like a bull on crack and smoother low down, but still a touch of gargle at 5-6k. Next step is to get on the dyno. Will do that in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:crazyeyes where did your friend get the map for the power commander. And who has a dyno who knows MV'S Also i am new to this sight so excuse me everyone if im not doing this right i will get the hang of it

·
Registered
922 Posts
Street Fighter said:
Where did your friend get the map for the bike . and who has a dyno that also knows MV
Evidently a shop dynoed a Brutale in Kuala Lumpur, with BMC and midpipe (I'm not sure which brand of pipe) so it's only a temporary thing until I get my bike on the dyno here in Singapore. They don't have experience with Brutale here, only on an F4, but someone's got to go first I suppose. I heard a shop here blew up the boss' F4 on their dyno. You can understand why I'm not running to dyno this minute. Sorry I don't have a windows laptop to get the map off the pciii.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Street Fighter said:
Where did your friend get the map for the bike . and who has a dyno that also knows MV
We know of one dyno shop on the east coast of the USA. Is that near you? If not give us a clue. btw welcome to the forum. :stickpoke

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i live in calif. I also try to stay away from Dynos. They like to rev the piss out of your motor. Can anybody explane mapping.

·
Registered
803 Posts
No disrespect, but sportbikes are made to hit redline and take it. If your bike can't handle being rev'ed to the max something is wrong with it. Just make sure the motor is up to normal operating temperature before hitting it hard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Street Fighter said:
Thanks i live in calif. I also try to stay away from Dynos. They like to rev the piss out of your motor. Can anybody explane mapping.
Haha...reminds me of the old days when we were building high performance Chevy's...call to customer - "good news, we hit XXX horsepower on the dyno, bad news - send more money because it blew up!"

See mapping reply on other thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi - I put on a midpipe and BMC filter on my 04 750 Brutale, and initially ran a PCIII with the Ferraci Map. It ran pretty good, solved the hiccup off idle, the anoying stalls at the traffic light, but didn't help the fuel mileage - 80miles consistant to reserve.

I picked up a MVB02 eprom from Moto One in OZ, pulled off the PCIII, reset the throttle position and synched the butterflies - it ran a whole lot smoother, seemed stronger off the throttle and best of all my mileage is 115miles to reserve. No change in engine heat temps. I put it on a dyno, air fuel ratios are all in good range. The eprom also adresses the ignition advance curve as well as fuel injector control, whereas the PCIII is only the fuel.

CIAO
JIM

·
Registered
434 Posts
MV NV said:
I picked up a MVB02 eprom from Moto One in OZ, pulled off the PCIII, reset the throttle position and synched the butterflies
I didn't know you could get a eprom for Brutale!!! :jsm: Tell us more about it...is there one for the 910 Brutale S? Do you have to change the air filter for the BMC? How much did you pay? Is there a web for ordering? I need it!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
dumbcomputers said:
No disrespect, but sportbikes are made to hit redline and take it. If your bike can't handle being rev'ed to the max something is wrong with it.
<giggle> so true!

When was the last time you heard that a bike engine blew?? Rev limiters see that they don't.
Ride the bike like it was meant to be ridden!

I can't even begin to tell you how many trips to the redline my bike has done both on the track and my dyno..... :moped:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, my joke about the old days was just that...the old days. If your bike blows on the dyno, something was already going south.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
airfuel said:
<giggle> so true!

When was the last time you heard that a bike engine blew?? Rev limiters see that they don't.
Ride the bike like it was meant to be ridden!

I can't even begin to tell you how many trips to the redline my bike has done both on the track and my dyno..... :moped:
They're not totally bomb proof you know, here's one that was doing 280kmh, then it wasn't :jsm: :bawling: :ahhh: :ahhh:

And there's a few 1000's gone down the same route............

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
airfuel said:
Wasn't that the endurance racer??

How many others have blown?
That was Simon's from Yahoo on his way to Italy. The German mag Mottorrad (www.motorradonline.de) have blown they're long termer up, and a 1000R has also blown up in Germany all when flat out.... :jsm:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
OZ = Australia

Brad has some great products. His chips are spot on. The chips address fuel AND ignition curve, plus you don't have two computers trying to *talk* to each other. LOL.

linky

Moto-One

Surf around for some great tuning tips and info on the > service > performance pages

1 - 20 of 24 Posts