MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide between a Ferracci EPROM or a Power commander to go with a midpipe and BMC filter in hopes of birthing a few ponys and hopfully fixing my terrible fuel mileage (17-20). Anybody have some input. THANX.......................PILLAR..........Brutale 750

·
Registered
803 Posts
PILLAR said:
Im trying to decide between a Ferracci EPROM or a Power commander to go with a midpipe and BMC filter in hopes of birthing a few ponys and hopfully fixing my terrible fuel mileage (17-20). Anybody have some input. THANX.......................PILLAR..........Brutale 750
If you want little fuss get the eprom from Moto-One for the 750. If you like to tune or fuss (in a good way) with fuel curves get the PC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be a custom EPROM for the mods I have on my bike. Has anybody bought a Eprom like this and how happy are you with it. Oh and has anybody bought one from fast by ferracci.........HELP YALL ..........PILLAR

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
PILLAR said:
It would be a custom EPROM for the mods I have on my bike. Has anybody bought a Eprom like this and how happy are you with it. Oh and has anybody bought one from fast by ferracci.........HELP YALL ..........PILLAR
I got a chip from Brad Black at Moto One. Couldn't be happier. Even if I were going to use a Power Commander - and I have no reason to do so at this point - I'd still get a chip so as to start as close to optimum as I could. IMO the less "talking" the two computers have to do, the better. But the chip is just fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was under the impression that eproms can change timing as well as fuel, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
COOL THANX YALL anybody else want to weigh in, Id like a little more imput before I pull my credit card out$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thanx again!!!!!!PILLAR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why don't install a complete inox open manifoldes with eprom of MV Corse and air filter of BMC. During the replace of the air filter you can pull out from the airbox the two ducts, after that you have only to check the CO and thats all. I have done it on mine and I have earned about 8/9 ponys..

·
Registered
145 Posts
the spark map on the std 750 brutale eprom is what first got me keen to develop an eprom aimed at reducing fuel consumption. that was my real goal given the complaints we'd had from just about every one who bought a 750 brutale. the fuel mapping mods alone aren't enough imo to give the results we've seen.

if you were to fit our eprom you'd need to follow the setup procedure laid out on our website. otherwise i'd be a bit reluctant given i couldn't guarantee the result. it's not that hard, but access to some equipment does pose problems for many.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've got a FBF power commander. It's insano. Way better than an EPROM, I must say. But I must also say, I've got no experience with customized EPROMs. However, if you plan on making any further performance tweaks with your bike, the PC's the way to go.

·
Registered
443 Posts
danstoppable said:
I've got a FBF power commander. It's insano. Way better than an EPROM, I must say. But I must also say, I've got no experience with customized EPROMs. However, if you plan on making any further performance tweaks with your bike, the PC's the way to go.
I don't have experience with either but am waiting for my performance guy to get a me Ultimap EPROM which he talked me into. He sells and sets up both PCIII and Programmable EPROM and prefers the EPROM. Says he has the computer program to "customize" it to your bike's setup and it can always be re-programmed without mounting a "box" on your bike. Since you really need a dealer with a dyno to correctly setup both and either can be tweaked further I don't see the advantage of the PCIII over a programmable Ultimap EPROM (did I mention the Ultimap is cheaper).

Actually PROGRAMMABLE EPROM is redundant! :drummer: EPROM stands for erasable programmable read-only memory ;) .

Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
TPadden said:
I don't have experience with either but am waiting for my performance guy to get a me Ultimap EPROM which he talked me into. ....
Disregard my above post. My performance guy, who is also an Ultimap distributer, has so far been unable to get any response from FIM (Fuel Injected Mototcycles) in Australia concerning a MV Ultimap for over a month now. I've also E-Mailed them with no response. :mad:

....... he swears by them for Ducati's ................. :blah:

Tom

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Well I just ordered the FBF eprom today to see if I can richen the bike a little since she is running super lean. I hope it goes the other way cause the surgeing I get at certain RPM's is not enjoyable! I will post my findings when it is installed.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
on a F4 (not sure about the brutale) if you are installing an air filter... it would be a good time to do the PCIII since you'll have the tank off and everything will be easy to get to.... saves time atleast :conveyer:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
TPadden said:
Disregard my above post. My performance guy, who is also an Ultimap distributer, has so far been unable to get any response from FIM (Fuel Injected Mototcycles) in Australia concerning a MV Ultimap for over a month now. I've also E-Mailed them with no response. :mad:

....... he swears by them for Ducati's ................. :blah:

Tom
I was recommended the FIM chip also..... didn't go that route...but still thinking about it since it doesn't trick the computer like my PCIII...... but the cost was too much for me at the time....my local was out of stock also...arrive date TBA

·
Registered
443 Posts
Djester said:
I was recommended the FIM chip also..... didn't go that route...but still thinking about it since it doesn't trick the computer like my PCIII...... but the cost was too much for me at the time....my local was out of stock also...arrive date TBA
The thing that really intrigued me about the Ultimap is the ability to "tune" each cylinder! The performance guy said it he would likely be able to smooth the Brutale's vibration quite a bit with Ultimap reprogramming and his Dyno. As further enticement the Ultimap chip is less $$$$ then a PCIII. All that's immaterial if the chip is unobtainable :cry: !

.............. still no response from FIM :cussing: .

Tom

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
TPadden said:
The thing that really intrigued me about the Ultimap is the ability to "tune" each cylinder!
A few things.
The only way to tune each cylinder is to sample exhaust gasses from each cylinder. The only way to do that is to have a "bung" welded to each header pipe. Also, 4 cylinder bikes do not benefit much from ind. cyl. tuning. Twins benefit greatly because each cylinder is doing half the work, not 25% of the work.

Power commanders also have the ability to tune each cylinder but
it is also unlikely that a tuner can make a bikes vibration smoother unless the bike was grossly out of tune.
Also, Power Commanders do not fool your computer. What they do is intercept the fuel injector signal once it leaves the ECU and alters it by either making the injector stay on longer for a richer mixture, or less for a leaner mixture. It does this every 250 rpm at every throttle position.

Whatever way you go, get your bike on a dyno to see how it is running.

·
Registered
443 Posts
airfuel said:
A few things......
Thanks for the clarification; makes sense. The performnce guy is really a Ducati tuner that has done some work on MV's. I'll give it a while and if no chip is available will get a PCIII.

My only change from stock has been the mid-pipe and the bike runs noticably smoother and cooler throughout the RPM range. Only thing is the idle is about 100-200 RPM higher.

Question though --- the DEALER says he recommends a simple exhaust gas analyzer tune (he has no dyno) but I figure it would be a waste of time and money. Correct????

Tom

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
TPadden said:
Question though --- the DEALER says he recommends a simple exhaust gas analyzer tune (he has no dyno) but I figure it would be a waste of time and money. Correct????
It will help and correct the overall condition, but it cannot change the fuel curve. To do that you need to tune on the dyno with different loads and throttle positions to get things perfect.

·
Registered
341 Posts
John,always Good To Hear Your Stuff,the Most Complex Of Issues Explained Perfectly In Laymans Terms,thanks :devilsmok

1 - 20 of 20 Posts