·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John,
If your thinking about it, it will as you know void your manufacturers warranty, the undercover for the ecu has one of thoses void stickers protecting the eprom opening.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Graham, I was wondering if it was a scam or not. I've no plans to change the Eprom unless I get RG3's or something special which won't happen for a while till my bank account recovers from the shock of buying the bike in the first place! :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
agusta01 said:
John,
If your thinking about it, it will as you know void your manufacturers warranty, the undercover for the ecu has one of thoses void stickers protecting the eprom opening.

So how do we soon to be 910R owners get around this as the bike comes with a race e-prom to go with the race exhaust system?

John

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thats a good question.... I had RG3's fitted, and if the eprom was not fitted my authorised MV agent, warranty is gone, and I did confirm this!
So any one with an Ago, SPR (those that came with a race pipe) or Tamburini would probably have the answer to this question.

Interesting thing is though, I noticed that a 'void if removed decal' was not replaced after the eprom was fitted, so I guess I could now change (and why would you?) the map and if things went wrong, refit old one and who would know for a warranty claim? Or maybe the diagnostics they can run would pick this up?

·
Registered
375 Posts
My dealer/service (Pro Italia) just used some duct tape once they removed the "Factory" tape last time. This has also happened to a friend of mine that had his bike serviced there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
awiner said:
My dealer/service (Pro Italia) just used some duct tape once they removed the "Factory" tape last time. This has also happened to a friend of mine that had his bike serviced there.
Nice. $550 for a service and they leave duct tape in your bike.

There has GOT to be another place to get an MV serviced in the L.A. area. After the BS PryItOuttaYa has pulled in the past I'm very reticent to ever go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts