MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little lever on the throttle assembly, does it do anything? Or is it something left over from carb days? I move mine and it does nothing as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It merely holds the throttle open a small amount. I don't even use mine on my bike but it does work. Yours must be out of adjustment a little if it's not doing anything.

Toby

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Toby, never could figure that one out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
MV Agusta calling it a choke is a bit of misnomer, as it does no actual choking. If you watch your twist grip when you move the "choke" lever you might see it move a couple of degrees (at least mine does). If your throttle cable is not adjusted closely it will only take up the slack and not crack the throttle as it's supposed to.

Toby

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense, THANKS

·
Administrator
20,417 Posts
It is the "Fast Idle" for warm up....it will not work if you have too much throttle cable free play.

Some older EFI Jap bikes have the same thing...older Hayabusa as example.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Adjust your throttle cable play until you have just the slightest grip motion before the engine accelerates. This will give you the benefit of instant throttle response as opposed to slop and a delay before accelerating. Adjust both cables the same amount. You can fiddle with the adjustments until the the throttle opens as above and snaps fully shut when letting go. Don't forget to check the settings with the forks turned fully in both directions with the engine running to make sure there's no cable "pull" causing the engine to speed up. If so readjust.

That will make your choke lever very functional and when full open it will result in too fast an idle. Just have to fiddle with the whole business until you get it where you want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts