MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have bought second hand engine because of brake down for my Brutale 675. As this is my third engine this time I change for 800.
I need to recognise exact what is the engine type as it is marked on it MV AGUSTA F (Italian seller says it is brutale 800 but I’m not so sure as due to my knowledge it supposed to be MV AGUSTA B31). I asked couple of time evolutionbike for that and send them photos with type,serial number and numbers from crank case but all the time reply is - we need more words (whatever it means).
Then I bought ECU for 800 as heard from MV service that it is necessary to change.
At the moment I have situation that engine is hard to start with some shoots to exhaust (I believe) but when it starts it works perfectly.
Does anyone’s knows this engine type, what else should be exchanged or faces something similar?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
latest starter clutch update installed?
how many injectors you have on the bike?

Thanks for reply.
3 injectors (throttle is from my 675) and not sure what is latest clutch update(can I recognise it somehow?)
At the moment I have to ECU for 675 and 800 for tests.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECU is from standard Brutale 800 but this engine type is a matter of question because type is F.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
there have been starter clutch updates, if sensors do not get the right info it will not start because of starter clutch not gripping right. cannot be seen from outside.
800 ecu is from RR or std brutale? RR uses 6 injectors https://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/b3/brutale-800-rr/fuel-intake-system-31

You are the best because I almost lost patience for this bike. I exchange sprag clutch from old engine and now is ok.
And after changing the second hand part not sure ECU, engine or something else is wrong.
Thanks again for helpfull feedback.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So anyone who open this topic have the same type of engine(or recognise) and can say what parts I should look for if needed?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not sure about the Brutale but you can check the part numbers on startwin. The ECU for the F3 675/800 are the same part ECU but are mapped differently. So you may have not needed an ECU unless the dealer is not able to do map updates.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no problem with ECU because it works. Just to clarify 675 ECU can not be remap for 800 due info from service.
I would like to know what is this engine coming from in case that I will need to order spare parts in future ( sooner or later it will happen I believe :)

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Someone with an F3 go look at their engine numbers for Mario21....
@Mario21 suggest you email the factory with the numbers on the engine case and ask them what bike it is from.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
This is what is typed onto my engine exactly like this:

MV AGUSTA F3
A H 07245

I have as shown in my signature a 675cc F3. Modelyear 2017
Those are the only numbers close to my engine. Its behind the suspension.

Here I added a photo of it.
If that isnt the engine number, tell me where it suppose to be and ill take a photo of it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is something which is not clear for me:
As far as I know:
Brutale trepistoni engines:
MV AGUSTA B3: 675 cc
MV AGUSTA B31: 800 cc
F trepistoni engines:
MV AGUSTA F3: 675 cc
MV AGUSTA F31: 800 cc
And W.. is MV AGUSTA F (it works with ECU 800)???

Is this only one engine existing?

Evolutionbike: no response
Factory: ask your local service
Local service: waiting for reply....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is what is typed onto my engine exactly like this:

MV AGUSTA F3
A H 07245

I have as shown in my signature a 675cc F3. Modelyear 2017
Those are the only numbers close to my engine. Its behind the suspension.

Here I added a photo of it.
If that isnt the engine number, tell me where it suppose to be and ill take a photo of it :)

Thank you

·
Registered
565 Posts
Tell us everything you know about the engine. How many teeth on the transmission output sprocket? Pictures of the left and right engine covers. You could measure the stroke via spark plug hole. Pictures under the valve cover?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I have found difference which can say something.
I realised that I have no battery charging. So I took off generator and surprise that generator wheel is different.
Can anybody say type of this generator I supposed to have???

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
That's just the rotor...magnets in a wheel. The Stator (mounted to the cover) is the alternator proper where the charge voltage is generated. What does it look like?
I'm pretty sure all the 3 cylinder bikes use the same generator (rotor and stator). Check the part numbers .....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's just the rotor...magnets in a wheel. The Stator (mounted to the cover) is the alternator proper where the charge voltage is generated. What does it look like?

I'm pretty sure all the 3 cylinder bikes use the same generator (rotor and stator). Check the part numbers .....

Yes I know. Now I have really big issue as alternator is from my old engine. There are visible differences on rotor (plastic inside and inner diameter 1mm bigger).
I checked all 3 cylinders engines for generator part number and only TVL has different part number.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What does the stator cover say? My bike says F3 on that part very clearly. So, I do not think you have an F3 motor at all. I can't tell from your picture if the stator is different than mine. I'd have to measure it.

So it may be a TVL motor? I would really check the stroke to determine what capacity motor you have. 675 vs 800 is a big difference.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
TVL probably has a higher output alternator.

I'm just guessing. Check the specifications.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts