MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just moved to California, and in trying to register my 2003 F4 at the local DMV, I was asked to provide and show the engine number.
I looked all over and could not locate it. The diagram in the owner's manual is crap and does not clearly indicate its location.
Needless to say, the *%#*ing inspector at the DMV denied my application.

Does anyone know where it is located? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm hoping that your 03 engine number location is in the same place as my 07 model.
I have a 2007 1000R Senna and the engine number is behind the rear shock on the back of the engine case. In my case, it is somewhat hidden by the rear brake fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G.Rand said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm hoping that your 03 engine number location is in the same place as my 07 model.
I have a 2007 1000R Senna and the engine number is behind the rear shock on the back of the engine case. In my case, it is somewhat hidden by the rear brake fluid reservoir.
Thanks, Gregg.
Can you snap a pic and post? If it is not too much trouble.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Hello all,
I just moved to California, and in trying to register my 2003 F4 at the local DMV, I was asked to provide and show the engine number.
I looked all over and could not locate it. The diagram in the owner's manual is crap and does not clearly indicate its location.
Needless to say, the *%#*ing inspector at the DMV denied my application.

Does anyone know where it is located? Thanks in advance.
Isn't the number on the Title document ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a 2003 F4 and there are numbers stamped on the rear of the engine, just in front of the rear shock as others have said. However, I can't make out all the numbers because of the shock. If that inspector wants to really confirm it, he's going to need a boroscope! :stickpoke:wtf:

·
Administrator
19,103 Posts
Great additions to this 5 year old thread. Maybe it will help someone using the search function in the futire.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
Joe, the inspector is there to confirm the engine in the bike matches the documentation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts