MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Here in the UK we are having problems with the Engine management box with usually the fuel pump stopping. BUT Italy says we are the only country that has the problem. My local dealer has about 6 recently all out of warranty (including mine). I was wondering if anyone of the collective has any information so we can know if it is local or not. It is possibly the alarm installation for the UK or may just be Bull from Italy.

BTW I can fix them and will for the local dealer (and make it so it will not go wrong again)

John

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Are you 100% sure it isn't the problem where the fuel hose pops off inside the tank?

My dealer told me that different fuels from different countries react differently with the rubber of the hose, and this problem can happen.

It's happened to me on the MV and the Ducati.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No when I tried to start it you could not hear the normal fuel pump start up sequence. So I knew it was the fuel pump but not what wasn't driving it. I took the Engine managment box to bits (de potted it), the one with the fuses, and found a burnt out track inside. I have 3 more to look at to see if it is a common fault, for the local dealer. It was him who told me that they are being told it is just a UK problem, but they cannot easily get any spares from Italy?

John

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Burnt traces, only a UK problem. You must be plugging it into 220 instead of 110 then right? :lightning

Seems pretty hard to believe that could be a UK only problem...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer thought it would be a world wide problem but he has so many I would have thought a good few people on here would have had it or heard of it. THey think it might be the pick up for the alarm which does disable the fuel pump and may be particular to the UK. I have taken the samples to bits and one of 3 is the same with a burnt out track.

You may be right as it is even worse as we use 240 volts on everything!

John

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not read anything like this in Aus, we use 220v over here, but alarms are not required or insurance, so seems to add up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts